Ford Automobiles banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
That engine had a history of the block cracking in the center of the block between
where the lifters go in
I used to stock that engine for resale and questioned the supplier about it
they said that is normal and would not cause a problem
I'm guessing here maybe along the line someone tried to fill that crack and ended up where you are
you can see it yourself if you look close enough

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hi,

Rockauto answer me. They agreed to check my engine, but I have to send it back...

It's too expensive for me: the price for sending it in US is twice as much as a repari in France.

So I think I'm gonna rebuild it.

I'm very angry against Rockauto. Unfortunately, I can't do anything. But that's really not cool, I do not have so much money to repair their own incompetence.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Hi,

Rockauto answer me. They agreed to check my engine, but I have to send it back...

It's too expensive for me: the price for sending it in US is twice as much as a repari in France.

So I think I'm gonna rebuild it.

I'm very angry against Rockauto. Unfortunately, I can't do anything. But that's really not cool, I do not have so much money to repair their own incompetence.
I was wondering about the shipping
It had to be high as heck
Is there no parts suppliers in Europe
I'd like to use some word that are in my head right now
You have been a very good member
let us know what the heck went wrong

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
Ouch!

Post back when you find the issue.

Action

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Here's the email I wrote down to rock. Now we're waiting.

Good morning!

My name is Raphaël **********

I am following the opening of a claim ticket, about the purchase of an engine on 2019-07-23, under the reference 116174520 .

About, it, you’ll find enclosed the conversation that my mechanic and I had with Jason M*****, of LKQ Corporation in charge of the warranty claims for reman engines.

I am writing to you this day to explain my problem.The engine I bought from you, which was installed in my vehicle by a professional mechanic, according to the specifications of your assembly shop, had a mechanical issue, just 150 miles after its installation, due to a lubrication defect.

So we contacted your services, and they redirected us to Mr. M*****. He explains us, after problems description and validation, that I must return my engine so what your warranty will be applied.

Unfortunately, I live in France. It will cost me twice the price of the engine to return it to the USA. As a result, we are in a situation where, even if the guarantee exists, it is impossible to implement because of transportation costs. That is to say that factually, buying an engine from you is to buy it without warranty ; which is a curiosity for a company like yours working for a domestic market. but also for export

I have been a customer of yours since 2011, I have spent thousands of dollars, I have even bought an engine (V6 3.8, rockauto order 23225959) that I am still very satisfied.

I am also a member of the largest American car forum in France and Europe, https://www.dreams-cars.org/forum , or you can follow the restoration of the Ford at this address: https://www.dreams-cars.org/forum/topic/25778-ford-ltd-wagon-1978/?do=findComment&comment=572099

Take the time to take a look at this topic. There is also another one on the American Ford Forum Online: https://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/french-ford-ltd-station-wagon-1978.28558/page-5#post-220074

I am not asking you to cover the costs of return: I understood that this would be impossible.

But I would still like you to consider the situation from an exception view, and that you can, in order to guarantee your good faith and customers listening, simply provide me with an engine reconstruction kit, including crankshaft, pistons, camshaft, etc.

It will cost almost nothing to your company and thus I will manage to rebuilt the defective engine you sold me with my professionnal mechanic. You can even follow directly on these sites the different stages of the restoration.

I’ll show your answer on theses topics.

I’m also asking you to not reply me by a simple denial email: escalate this email to the right person, so that the decision is taken by a responsible. I will flood your service desk as long as it takes…

Many thanks,

R.M

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hello,

To determine if your part is covered under the manufacturer's warranty and to file a warranty claim, please visit our Order Status & Returns page. For instructions, please see: How do I file a warranty claim?

Note: The manufacturer's warranty only offers an exact replacement of the same brand and part number. It does not offer: cash refunds, exchanges for different products, or the reimbursement of labor costs, shipping costs or other expenses.

Thank you for helping us keep our prices low by using our online resources,

Rodney
RockAuto Customer Service

Apparently, you did not read my mail completely, so I'm going to ask you to read carefully to what I wrote. A claim is opened.

So please, escalate this email to whom it may concern.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Dear Raphael,

We cannot send an engine reconstruction kit to you. As instructed, the warranty for this part needs to be handled through ATK, and warranties are for exact replacements only.

Thank you,

Samuel

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I understand your position. You have internal rules, as all the big companies does. However, we're not talking here about a 15$ part.

I paid for a working engine, I paid shipping costs, and at the end, I'm here, stuck with a defective engine and no solutions.

I've been a happy customer for more than 10 years, so please, the less that you can do is at least to put me in contact with a reponsible person who can explain me why, in this particular case, rockauto won't do a simple commercial gesture. Many people are waiting to see if they can spent reliably their money in your store.

I'm really asking you to take me seriously, and to understand my position.

Regards,

R.M

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for your reply. Like other retailers of branded products, RockAuto does not offer any product warranty of our own--we honor the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the product. What Samuel told you is true. The manufacturer’s warranty is for a replacement of the same brand and part number only. It does not include: cash refunds/store credits, exchanges for different products, or the reimbursement of shipping costs or other expenses.

You are not obligated to take advantage of the warranty, but if you would like a replacement engine, the long block must be returned from France to the California 'Ship To' location for the order where the manufacturer will arrange for pick up. If interested, please obtain instructions by going to our Order Status and Returns page. For more information, please see: How do I exchange the bad part I received for a new one?

If you have further questions about manufacturer warranties, please see our Warranties page.

Thank you,

Mark S.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Unfortunately those are not unexpected replies from RockAuto. Maybe the next step is to try the remanufacturer, ATK, and see if they have any interest in helping out. It looks there is no good will happening here, so far.:(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hi guys!

FYI, the engines are both in the hands of a friend of mine, a real living god in performances engines. He accepts to rebuild the less used engine.

Stay tuned...

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
Good luck this time.

>>>Action

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
MMMh, not what I would call a good luck.

I just had news from my mechanic. Here's his first report:

So I dismantled your engines and I don’t have very good news!

The new block, I think, just went up with a ruined crankshaft ! Because I saw nothing strange about oil pressure, everything is ok, and pads are not even so damaged compared to the crankshaft!
So the crankshaft is completely out of service, especially that it is in 030 already.

Therefore, the cylinders also are well damaged! It is in 060 so last rating. The block is not usable either!
The head cylinders instead are ok, guides and valves are good! It will just be necessary to make a small overflow to the valves.

And your old one is in ribbed origin apparently but well worn, the pads were used to the copper and the cylinders well worn and striped!

NEW *****NG ENGINE FROM ROCKAUTO!!

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_10e287686f187a84993ebc7d338a8f9e43.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_10f5bdc590dee2824a380d34b2a3a9b860.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_1027a849445d20eaa98fff2bd57d53787f.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_109a57ff7055b90657c38a324b5495e75f.jpg

The Old one:

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_09727ec44d22a155a2877a91f270b1192a.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_09fd13ac27b5848980d22d12d016e99cac.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_09cc934f29efc807cf3b368017dc0b08e7.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_10d46bd774c2a404611123b25604f1e0cf.jpg

awww.dreams_cars.org_forum_uploads_monthly_2020_07_20200704_10d82d890a984dfffa90fdfae6c94b3a42.jpg

81 - 100 of 103 Posts