Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've got a 2014 Fusion SE with Sync 2 system, seem to only have the issue when or after it rains but I'll get no sound from the radio or the ding when I have the key in the ignition and the door is open.

Only solution I've found is to pull the fuses for the radio, 32 and 33.

Any idea why rain or moisture causes issues? Nothing in the car is getting wet.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,181 Posts
That is weird.

You pull the fuses and the radio works???

>>>>Action

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, after I pull the fuses and re-insert them everything will work as normal. When the sound doesn't work it's just the sound that doesn't, the radio works, but I have no sound.

I've tried a master reset before and that was useless.

·
Super Moderator
14,181 Posts
Hmm seems like you are re-setting the sound system by pulling the fuses.
Not sure why that happens. And usually a fuse would blow if there was a surge or a grounded power circuit.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I've had to do this twice, both after or during a rain event, so that's the curious part to me, what's happening to cause the issue seemingly only when it's raining or has rained.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm doing, just by pulling the two fuses for the radio system. The fuse panel is tucked way up under the dash, quite stupid actually, no chance to just pull the wiring.

Just trying to figure out what causes the issue to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
14,181 Posts
Move to Phoenix. Doesn't rain much! :)

>>>>Action

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
That's what I'm doing, just by pulling the two fuses for the radio system. The fuse panel is tucked way up under the dash, quite stupid actually, no chance to just pull the wiring.

Just trying to figure out what causes the issue to begin with.
I searched for a long time and couldn't find any thing that relates to dampness
Maybe they will have another update

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I've got a 2014 Fusion SE with Sync 2 system, seem to only have the issue when or after it rains but I'll get no sound from the radio or the ding when I have the key in the ignition and the door is open.

Only solution I've found is to pull the fuses for the radio, 32 and 33.

Any idea why rain or moisture causes issues? Nothing in the car is getting wet.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Next time take the antenna off and see if that fixes. Sounds like water in antenna and when you pull fuse it clears the short. Radio will work on FM without antenna. It is only for AM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will check that. Funny you mention FM Radio, when I'm having the no sound issue I can't select AM or FM on the touchscreen, I can select every other option, but absolutely nothing happens when I try to select the radio. I can go to it through the steering wheel controls but as expected there's no sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp new development today, was going to take the car on a short road trip this morning and of course the sound didn't work.

It rained two days ago, didn't have any issues and sunshine yesterday but noooo, radio doesn't wanna work today. ‍♂

Did the usual fuse pull but that failed to work. It will indeed reset the radio but I still get no sound.

Now in each previous time when I re-inserted the fuse for the radio I heard an electrical whir, I didn't get that this time.

Gah. ‍♂. I didn't have time to sit around and mess with it so I gotta deal with it later, may disconnect the battery and go from there and check the antenna.

I don't have the Sony system, just the standard Sync 2 touchscreen, perhaps time for a new head unit?

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Welp new development today, was going to take the car on a short road trip this morning and of course the sound didn't work.

It rained two days ago, didn't have any issues and sunshine yesterday but noooo, radio doesn't wanna work today. ‍♂

Did the usual fuse pull but that failed to work. It will indeed reset the radio but I still get no sound.

Now in each previous time when I re-inserted the fuse for the radio I heard an electrical whir, I didn't get that this time.

Gah. ‍♂. I didn't have time to sit around and mess with it so I gotta deal with it later, may disconnect the battery and go from there and check the antenna.

I don't have the Sony system, just the standard Sync 2 touchscreen, perhaps time for a new head unit?
Call these people or visit there website and check under radio repair
I've used and they are very good
https://www.instrumentclusters.com/why-southern

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I contacted via email to see if they still do radio repair as I didn't see it listed on the site.

We'll see what they say. I pulled the battery cable and checked all the fuses again and got the door chim back but no audio.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I contacted via email to see if they still do radio repair as I didn't see it listed on the site.

We'll see what they say. I pulled the battery cable and checked all the fuses again and got the door chim back but no audio.
I had to scroll through services and radio came up
Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Called and talked to Ron today, rough quote is $250 but he can give a more exact number once I pull receiver and give him the part nunber.

Gives me something to do tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Called and talked to Ron today, rough quote is $250 but he can give a more exact number once I pull receiver and give him the part nunber.

Gives me something to do tomorrow.
Good Deal
I used them once on a Speedometer and they were very easy to work with

·
Super Moderator
14,181 Posts
Some times it is less money to replace with a used unit than it is to get repaired.

I have done that several times with good results on used units.

>>>>>>Action

1 - 20 of 24 Posts