Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been busy working on a lot of small things. Like bolting the motor to the K-member, weld the Tranny K-member and painting it with a lot of little odds and ends. I have the headers on and spark plugs in. I have both dip sticks in, water and fuel pump's are on. Next is vacuum lines and wiring. Should also have the carb on soon with all the linkage.
I did pick up a 2" set of gauges so I can start putting that all in as well. I need to order more goodies and hope the car will be running soon.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sweet, you are making a lot of progress. Keep it up!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
You might want to build a photo library

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, been busy. Today I found my stock drive shaft is actually 2" short....so I found one to correct that issue. Clean, new U joints, and paint should be just fine. I put the Carb and throttle linkage on. Did some vacuum lines and tighten some odds and ends up. Looking good...look totally cool. I also found a guy to do my exhaust....$450.00-$500.00 to do custom from the headers all the way back. 16"X 3" Stainless tips, X pipe, and free flow mufflers. I cant buy after market stuff and bolt, cut, clamp together for that cheap.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
wait! other than the 351, what else are you swapping again? what tranny?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, been busy. Today I found my stock drive shaft is actually 2" short....so I found one to correct that issue. Clean, new U joints, and paint should be just fine. I put the Carb and throttle linkage on. Did some vacuum lines and tighten some odds and ends up. Looking good...look totally cool. I also found a guy to do my exhaust....$450.00-$500.00 to do custom from the headers all the way back. 16"X 3" Stainless tips, X pipe, and free flow mufflers. I cant buy after market stuff and bolt, cut, clamp together for that cheap.
Almost there....keep up the good work!

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wait! other than the 351, what else are you swapping again? what tranny?
Swapped out the 200 six / C4 and put in a 400 h.p. 351w and Beefy C4. Also put in Flaming River manual rack & pinion, '98 Mustang GT front spindles ( with rotors and calipers) , '98 Mustang GT 8.8 with disc brakes and front / rear sway bars. I also have QA1 K-member, coil over struts, and caster / camber plates. The wheels I have are '05 Mustang and the paint is all me....

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update 4/11/10

Ok, here's what I have been up too.

I had to get a different drive shaft, one about 2" longer. I put my ends and some extreme heavy duty u-joints in. Cleaned it up and some paint.

Here's look at the bottom side...not the best picture but I have been caught laying on my back just gazing at its beauty from down here time to time !!

Here's how the engine is looking , this is just a temporary air cleaner. I think the diameter might be right....but it needs to sit a lot lower. I am down to electrical and cooling for the most part. Been a lot of cleaning parts and painting...time consuming !!

Thats it for now......stay tuned !

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i'm jealous...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts