Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 1997 ford taurus wagon with a duratech dohc. up to a few weeks ago i only had this problem occasionally, now its everyday. every morning she cranks for quite awhile before firing sometimes i have to mash the fuel pedal to the floor crank for awhile shut it off for a second and crank again without the pedal to get it to start, most of the time that works. after the first start of the day it starts fine the rest of the day no matter how long it sits. could be due to weather its been very humid the past few weeks. what should i check for after i replace the plugs. please remember it runs fine after i start it and starts fine the rest of the day . only first thing in the morning. also i had a friend check the diagnostics (mid day running fine) no problems came up on the check.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Could be a sticking IAC but most likely you have a fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do a fuel pressure test. A good scanner can tell you if the IAC is changing positions (open or closse). The Idle Air Control (IAC) acts like a choke. If it is open on a cold start it is like trying to start a cold carburated engine with an open choke. You may also have a fuel pressure regulator problem, as another possibility.

·
Registered
52 Posts
isometimes i have to mash the fuel pedal to the floor crank for awhile shut it off for a second and crank again without the pedal to get it to start, most of the time that works.
This could easily be leaking injectors. Cranking with the throttle at WOT shuts the injectors off and clears the extra gas out of the cylinders.

A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts