Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
modified their Windstar for more power or better handling? If so how far did they get? I'm always tinkering with things. I know that with more power comes more efficiency. Also lowering and suspension work makes for a more controllable better handling vehicle. It also makes things more fun to drive. So let me know! Or will I be the first! Either is cool by me :biggrin5:.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I came across a forum on the net once that showed a windstar that had a suoercharger on it... Sorry don't remember what site it was...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah I think so... It didn't sound all that appealing when you consider the thousands of extra dollars dished out for a few extra HP. Adding the SC only gave the guy an extra 50 HP..And I'm sure he got even more with the high flow exhaust system.. It just doesn't seem to be worth the money.. But that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I understand. But there's always a cheaper way. Kenny Brown has a lot of overhead when putting things together.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you think it's worth the time, effort & money making a Windstar faster. Then by all means go for it.. Please keep us in touch & take many pics to show us...

·
Registered
906 Posts
There's also Tim Allen's Saleen Windstar which was just sold I believe in the last year.

Ford Windstar Custom Saleen by Tim Allen - 1996 - Pictures 08L9J023623049

I've got a buddy that has an extra turbo laying around that we joked about putting in ours, but that won't happen. About the only "performance" mod I would possibly consider would be converting from rear drums to disc, but that's not a documented process and not something I'm willing to go at for the first time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's also Tim Allen's Saleen Windstar which was just sold I believe in the last year.

Ford Windstar Custom Saleen by Tim Allen - 1996 - Pictures 08L9J023623049

I've got a buddy that has an extra turbo laying around that we joked about putting in ours, but that won't happen. About the only "performance" mod I would possibly consider would be converting from rear drums to disc, but that's not a documented process and not something I'm willing to go at for the first time.
Wow! I would not mind driving that! LOL! But it does give me ideas :ihih:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts