Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Crown Vic P71, 4.3 LTR. Heater Now blows HOT air in all positions. Vent
ac and Heat, with the temp switch set to cold. I have checked all fuses, and Vacuum lines to A/C, Vent, heater Control. Just started last week. I make an assumption that this may be Heater Thermostat??? guessing at this
point Can someone Please ":crazy: point me in the right direction"

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'll ASSuME it doesn't have EATC (Auto temp) since it's a P71.

Sounds like the blend door actuator or the temp switch is bad. I gotta look up more info for you. Someone may come along with more though.

Found it
EDIT: I added a diagnostic in .pdf below

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
You should be able to see it if you remover the glove box and look inside and to the left. It sets on top of the air distribution box, or all that duct work. Getting it unplugged is a bit of a stretch and getting it out is even more fun. Without the right tools, you will have to remove or at least lift the instrument panel on the passenger side.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Other signs that point to to the temp control actuator:

A/C will work for a minute or two when the engine is cold (no heat).
A/C will work if the heater flow is restricted (pinch a heater hose).
Sometimes an audible clicking sound can be heard from a faulty actuator.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The dash must be removed. There is no way you can remove the blend door without doing that step. I do them quite a lot. I can remove the dash, change the motor and put it all back in in just under an hour. Yeah I have done a few before. Best part about it is I am on flat rate and get paid 6.2 hours to do it.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well I hope, for your sake, it's not the blend door. Here's some picts:
Ford Crown Victoria Heater Core Pictures

What the hell!!!! Seats out, dash all pulled apart. Dang!!!! Wish I had a picture of the dash after I pull them It is in one piece exactly as it looks before you start the job. The instruments are in, steering column in, air bags still installed. Glove box out and the lower trim on the drivers side then about 10 bolts and screw plus the steering shaft coupler. Like I said, about 55 minutes from start to finish. I would do them all day long if I could. :arf:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok:

AC works for a couple of minutes when engine is cold. So this means the temp Control???

and this item is located where??? I THINK I dodged a bullit, and i looked at the pics,
and i do not want to get into all that mess. Called 2 dealers and the price range
was 300-400 without dash removal and Approx: 1000.00 if its the blend door actuator

Jim T

·
Registered
798 Posts
What the hell!!!! Seats out, dash all pulled apart. Dang!!!! Wish I had a picture of the dash after I pull them It is in one piece exactly as it looks before you start the job. The instruments are in, steering column in, air bags still installed. Glove box out and the lower trim on the drivers side then about 10 bolts and screw plus the steering shaft coupler. Like I said, about 55 minutes from start to finish. I would do them all day long if I could. :arf:
Canuck, That isn't my doing.....never did one....I don't think??? haha

I'd like to see how you do it though just in case....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dash must be removed. There is no way you can remove the blend door without doing that step. I do them quite a lot. I can remove the dash, change the motor and put it all back in in just under an hour. Yeah I have done a few before. Best part about it is I am on flat rate and get paid 6.2 hours to do it.
would you please tell me how to remove the dash on my 1971 LTD?
I have some AC/heater duct problems and i want to put in a new blower motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.