Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Ford newb here, I just bought a 1985 Club Wagon with the 6.9 diesel. Engine runs well but needs some work on the rest: guy I bought it from said there's a leak in the firewall, there's a handful of rust spots on the body, needs some electrical work, needs a new floorbed. And it certainly needs a good cleaning. I'm also going to try to find new cushions/upholstery for the bucket seats, and a bench seat to put in.

Anyone know if this thing has an OBD system?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome

If it has an OBD system it will be OBD1 not OBD2. Any scanner you use must be compatible with a diesel.....most are not.

Look for the connector under the hood. Looks like this

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim. Any hints on where it'd be? Definitely under the hood and not in the doghouse?

I'm sorta hoping to just get a connector and hook it up to a spare laptop I have lying around...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sorry...don't remember exactly where it's at..... Someone here knows though.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
If it's like in the bronco, it is located in the same group of connector that also holds the fuel pump relay and eec relay. Mounted on the driver's side fender.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, thanks Poppy!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
LOL... You're welcome, I hope it helps.

Now about that sed command... what's it do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Run it, I promise it won't break anything! But it won't really make sense unless you're familiar with Magritte...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ok I ran it I got

c'est une pipe

So that was interesting... two examples of when a pipe is not a pipe!
I'll probably never use that bit of information again in my life. :)
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just trying to bring a little surrealism to your command prompt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, done!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looking good Lex! :thumbsup:

But what happened to your avatar?

Are you planning a surreal-surprise......or perhaps something to accompany your signature..... :cool:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey Lex,

I see you have your new avatar up - I like it - It looks familiar, but I can't place it. :idea:

I was hoping for something by Magritte or perhaps Storm Thorgerson (one of my favourites) to accompany the "Surreal" Signature.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mmm yeah Storm is good stuff.
No, that's closer to a picture of me -- it's the main character of one of my favorite books. Always cracks me up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts