Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 f150 and i just put new valve cover and air intake gaskets in, and now theres a high pitched wisting noise when idleing that i cant seem to find... any ideas on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
did you use silicone gasket sealer? it would be your intake, so i would try this...
if you have either carb cleaner, or a propane torch(unlit), start the engine, and with the cleaner, spray a little around the mating surface, if torch (still unlit) run it along the same area. whereever the engine bogs down, that's where a leak is...

what gaskets did you use?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I agree with jonzo, you've got a vacuum leak.

One other place that could make that wistleing sound is the IAC Idle Air Control Valve. Two bolts removes it from the throttle body, some throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush., and you're good to go.

You might use a piece of garden hose held to your ear to help listen to localize the sound.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pardon me for asking. But did you follow the torque sequence & proper poundage for your intake installation??? Did you place a bead of RTV @ the corners of each seal???

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
personally i don't use the gaskets for the intake. i've used the fleet quality RTV, sets in 1 min. it's held in my 302 for the last 3 years so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts