Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've bout this 2007 ford fusion couple months ago and it's at the 200000 miles and the transmission went out so I found one pretty cheap and thought you could interchange transmissions hell same motor just different generations so I'm trying to figure out the color codes for the plug ins on the new and old one so I can attach the new 20 pin plug to my wirer harness thanks if you could help.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Not sure which transmssion you have and pretty sure without some very serious modifications you can not make the swap. Or what you want to do is NOT a plug and play.

For first gen Fusion, (2006 to 2012) there were 3 manual and 3 automatic transmissions
I assume you have an automatic because I have to start somewhere.
One automatic is just used on Hybrid. I assume you do not have an Hybrid.
The other two six speed automatics were used as follows
From 2006 to 2009 the automatic used was a Aisin TF80
From 2010 to 2012 the automatic used was a Ford 6F35

At a minimum you are mixing transmissions. Even if the transmssions were the same, generally the electronics are not. The electronic engine controls no longer control the entire power train. Meaning engine and transmssion. So engine and transmssions are a package that go together and controled by a PCM. The P in PCM is powertrain, meaning engine and transmission.

If you had the same transmissions, you might be able to take the failed mechanicals out of the original transmission and use the mechanicals from the new transmssion. Then keep the electronics. Kind of a big job however maybe doable with a shop manual and wiring diagram. You are looking to mix transmssions. That won't work at all. Unless you are able to map out all of the electronics from the PCM and re-wire and configure the new transmission. If that is even possible.

This isn't the 70s or 80s anymore. Systems on vehicles are designed and tailored to specific applications. The whole power train is an integrated package.

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The transmission I have in my 2007 is a fnr5 they are different style transmissions I will agree with you there but I think if I can get the color codes down and change the shifter cable and install the transmission then Ill have a Frankenstein ride hell it's cold up in oh

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Spend $14 for that answer.
Then you will have the answers to questions you do not even have yet.

And you will have more questions!

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts