Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This may seem strange...our classic 66 Mustang convertible was stolen. The nice guys who did it drove this shuttle. Can anyone help me identify the model? I believe it's a Ford. It's quite large and doesn't seem to be too common. Internet searches have turned up nothing. It seems to have a unique narrow slit window behind the passenger door. It also appears to have a back door.
mini bus 2.png

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
This is an E Series van chassis. Likely a 1 ton E350.
Meaning Ford delivered an incomplete van body & chassis to a builder. That builder completed the vehicle construction.
In fact the incomplete van/chassis body by Ford could not be titled or licensed until a company finishes the vehicle.
There are likely a couple of dozen companies nationwide that do this kind of thing at any given time.
(People movers, van conversions, Class C motorhomes, ambulances, school busses the short ones .....)

If the second shot was not through a fence, I might have been able to give you a year or year range. That would have been based on the grille.

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will see if I can get a clean image of the front. The info you've given is much more than I was able to find so far.
Thank you so much. It stings losing a car when you've had for almost 30 years

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
I assume you filed a police report.
If the police have the serial number and license plate it is going to be difficult for the car to be sold.

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
Yes, filed a report. I'm guessing they are going to strip it...though they did look like tweakers, so they may be ignorant enough to try and sell it. There are quiet a few shady auto shops/dismantlers in my area of Los Angeles, so who knows. If anybody notices a dark silver 66 mustang convertible with a built engine come up for sale in Los Angeles, please let me know.
Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is an E Series van chassis. Likely a 1 ton E350.
Meaning Ford delivered an incomplete van body & chassis to a builder. That builder completed the vehicle construction.
In fact the incomplete van/chassis body by Ford could not be titled or licensed until a company finishes the vehicle.
There are likely a couple of dozen companies nationwide that do this kind of thing at any given time.
(People movers, van conversions, Class C motorhomes, ambulances, school busses the short ones .....)

If the second shot was not through a fence, I might have been able to give you a year or year range. That would have been based on the grille.

Action
These are the best I could get of the front

Thanks again for your help.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts