Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys need your help with this one, I have took my back door cards off to recover them finished the job shut the doors, brilliant but gone out today to back of van and the door won't open and wont open from the inside either. Any ideas on what i could have done i cant take the door panel off as i have a fixed bed and can't get to the screws. I have put new screws in the panel maybe not in the same place as the old ones could this be the problem? It's a 1991 econoline......... Help cheers

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
Either the door is not completely shut or the door latch is not being disengaged when operating the door handle.

The door could be locked and is not unlocking
Or the linkage is not operating the door latch when operating the door handle.(Either inside or outside)

If pushing the door from the outside does not further close it and then you can open with the door handle, then you will have to remove the inner door panels. (door card) Which may mean removing the bed.

Action

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
Ok guys need your help with this one, I have took my back door cards off to recover them finished the job shut the doors, brilliant but gone out today to back of van and the door won't open and wont open from the inside either. Any ideas on what i could have done i cant take the door panel off as i have a fixed bed and can't get to the screws. I have put new screws in the panel maybe not in the same place as the old ones could this be the problem? It's a 1991 econoline......... Help cheers
Can you open the back door glass or take the door off at the hinges by removing the door hinge pins?
1595273733709.png

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.. Do you think i have put a screw in that could be fouling something ad it was fine before i te fitted the door card

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dom.. I will try and take the bed out to get to my door card that will be about 6 hours of my life i wont get back lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts