Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 82 heritage model with a 4.2 and i need a passenger side headlight door and emblem. i also need a side marker front passenger side. i cant find many aftermarket parts for these years. i was wondering if 80-82 had the same headlight doors and side markers? all responses about our car would appreciated no matter the topic. before i end this how do i reset the key button pass code on the door. curiously jedd and son

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I might be able to address a few problems here, starting with the headlights, but first I need some more information. The eighth generation had an optional flip up style head light. Does your bird have that or the solid lights? if they're the solid light then yes they should be pretty much universal from 80-82 as far as I can tell. As for the emblems, I would suggest checking a local junkyard or two and seeing what you can get off of any of the 80-82s they have. Glad to have another bird owner here and congratulations on owning one, especially since it wasn't the most popular of generations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
before i end this how do i reset the key button pass code on the door.
Well I took a look in my 1981 Car Shop Manual, and it says there is a way to reset the code but doesn't give a procedure (not sure why it doesn't, or I'm over looking it). But it said the original code for the key pad is on the warranty card and is on the inside of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well I took a look in my 1981 Car Shop Manual, and it says there is a way to reset the code but doesn't give a procedure (not sure why it doesn't, or I'm over looking it). But it said the original code for the key pad is on the warranty card and is on the inside of the trunk lid.

HUH?? :idea:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wwarranty card

I looked in the trunk. I found Jack instructions that's about
it. The previous owners didn't use the trunk much. Pretty
clean.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There should be a tag with a 5 digit number on it. It should be stuck to one of the trunk hinges. If that is gone you will have to pull the glove box and get the number off the module that is behind it. Same 5 digit number. Once you have that, I think, if I remember correctly is to lock the doors then input the factory number. The door lock should open. Then within 5 seconds input the number you want as a code. The doors should lock and I think unlock if the number is accepted. Ford has a habit of changing this stuff all the time but I think that is the way it should work. The factory code is written permanently and can never be erased but if the battery goes dead or the power is lost your new code will be erased and will have to be put in again. Let me know if that works for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts