Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no, i'm not trying to start any trouble. this is a SERIOUS thread.
history:
since the dawn of cars, man has had a primal need to make them better, hence muscle cars. that's also why the horsepower wars have been going on since the 20's. chevy had a camaro, steve yenko said, "small block?,no, no, no. we'll stuff a 427 into it." ford had the mustang, and shelby said, "well hell lets turn one into a race car." . i'm sure you've seen and heard what the guys with fairmonts/zephyrs are doing with their cars. keep in mind those were specifically grocery getters, and family cars...

i was talking to megascape, and was gonna suggest to him that he can beef up his rig with focus parts. same engine, why not? with a welder and some brain power, you can install a mustang trans and make your car RWD, or like i know how, turn it into a 4WD. the 6F35 is specifically a FWD, for those who don't know and are just browsing through.. and i'm not opening up that can of worms...

the point i'm trying to make is that, you can do almost anything with these things if you just use your imagination. i know some of you are happy with them the way they are, that's cool, good for you.
but for those of you who just want something more... think about it.
you'd be amazed with what you come up with!

·
Registered
694 Posts
The Focus is the same engine? I don't think that is uses a 3.0L V6 or even a 2.5L I4.

There is a TSB about aftermarket addon causing damage to the EcoBoost engines and transmission in the Taurus SHO too, I believe.

The bigger 6F50 at least would have been a better choice for the Escape.

You'd have take a traverse mounted engine and turn it 90 degrees. Is that a simple task? Would somebody take a fairly new $27,000 vehicle and modify it that much? Not that it couldn't be done but who has the money and knowhow to do that on a new vehicle.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Focus is the same engine? I don't think that is uses a 3.0L V6 or even a 2.5L I4.

There is a TSB about aftermarket addon causing damage to the EcoBoost engines and transmission in the Taurus SHO too, I believe.

You'd have take a traverse mounted engine and turn it 90 degrees. Is that a simple task? Would somebody take a fairly new $27,000 vehicle and modify it that much? Not that it couldn't be done but who has the money and knowhow to do that on a new vehicle.
You think there's a chance it might void the warranty . :confused5:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Funny you brought this up, i think it can be a great thread. Also I posted a thread earlier tonight and am going to begin purchasing the products to be able to replace the single speed coupling 4X4 with a 2 speed T-case. meaning i'll be saving money and spending money over the next few years to pretty much by a completely new drive train. i'm pretty excited and I should be finished with it right about the time I pay it off.

·
Registered
178 Posts

I actually would if it would get me what I wanted. But I understand the point..

·
Registered
890 Posts
jonzo understands the point to, but it was bench racing...
and yes it's more than possible to take a transverse mounted engine, nad turn it 90 degrees.
my example- http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/ford-focus/846-v8-focus.html

as far as them not having the same engine as the focus. i could swear all the ones i've seen had the Duratech 30, which is a 3.0L V6... i'm sorry, it was the D20 i was thinking of. that one's the 2.0-2.3L i4.
i wonder if you can fit the 3.5 from the edge into it? Then you can put all the parts from this page into it
http://www.steedaedge.com/
, and not void the warranty, as long as the work was done by a licensed ford mechanic... jon checked before he built my sister's 2010 mustang up with these parts. steeda is the ONLY aftermarket company authorized by ford that wil not void your warranty...

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You think there's a chance it might void the warranty . :confused5:
like i was trying to say, it's your call, just spit-balling ideas... but you also should know that almost all the new parts you get from ford are under their own warranty. also like Ashley said, if you get parts from steeda, and the dealership, or another licensed ford tech installs them , it WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. steeda is the only aftermarket company authorized by FoMoCo to make parts because they're specifically engineered for ford's, and engineered with ford engineers on staff.
just throwing that out there. weather you choose to do it or not is your call. i'm just giving you options...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, and i forgot the engines in the focus' were different. but the fusion has a 2.5 I4, and 3.0V6...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts