Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a simple way to carry a 4X8 sheet of plywood or sheet rock flat in my Aerostar is to remove the seats, and place 4 or 5 plastic milk crates on the cargo floor. They are slightly higher than the wheel wells.

The space between the wheels is maybe 44 inches, so they don't fit flat on the deck, but raised up like that it works perfectly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I made a plywood liner like a pick up bed liner around wheel wells to serve as a "false Floor" protecting the pretty blue carpets & Interior from assortment of "Stuff", I stuff in "work Aero". Everything from greasy parts, tools, equip' like jacks & jack stands, chains & binders etc. to landscape plants, bags of fertilizer, even luggage, you name it. It's probabaly been in there.
It is not full length, it sits behind midship buckets of 2+2 interior. It's painted & cleans up easily & well also. Sometimes I put chocks or rubber mat under things for stability & prevention of load shift.
Although I've not had occassion to haul 4X8 materials since I quit working "construction & building" a while ago, I still see this as a great idea. Sure beats hooking up & hauling a trailer around.:idea:

Thanx for the "Great Tip" Poppy :thumbsup:

FBp

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found a simple way to carry a 4X8 sheet of plywood or sheet rock flat in my Aerostar is to remove the seats, and place 4 or 5 plastic milk crates on the cargo floor. They are slightly higher than the wheel wells.

The space between the wheels is maybe 44 inches, so they don't fit flat on the deck, but raised up like that it works perfectly.[/QUOTE

Heck, I did the same thing in a 1974 Ford Pinto, hatchback. Could only carry 6 sheets of 1/2 plywood at a time.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use my 4X8 Trailer, the bed is a 4X8 sheet so anything that is 4X8 fits in perfect!
I think the point is: if you have an aerostar, you don't need a 4x8 trailer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i have bad luck with anything on trailers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts