Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the vertical weatherstrip at the rear of the vent window on my 64 Fastback. It appears to be riveted in place. Several questions:

Do I need to remove that whole vertical window run piece to do this?

Is there a special tool for setting the rivets or is there a poor boy substitute like the edge of a comma dolly and a hammer?

I could really use some tips from someone who has done this. I'm a mechanical guy and do body work when I have no other alternative, so I'm out of my element on this.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

·
Registered
109 Posts
They are rivits, I use the old hammer and dolly way of doing them. THe last one I did were on my 66 F100, had the window track out to replace the felt and the seals were rivited together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I employed a glass shop. They replaced the vent seals, the rest of the vent rubber, and both vertical window glides. All for $150 plus parts, including both doors! There was no way I was going to do that stuff myself. Hats off to you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the replies.

I guess my biggest question is; can the vertical seal be replaced without removing the glass run from the door?

I am taking an extended trip July 4th weekend and trying to seal all the air leaks I can before that time to help the a/c all I can.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think that it is doable without doing all of the flelt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts