Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to put a Mustang 2 suspension in my 62 Falcon, the car has a 351 windsor, 5spd and weighs nearly 2400 pounds. I have everything for the swap except the springs, I haven’t gotten them yet because they give a whole list of different weights to choose from and I have no clue how to determine this, any help out there ???

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts
I would get springs that are rated for a total load of 115% to 120% of the actual load.
Typically the front and rear are not loaded the same. So know that loading would be handy

Ford Motor Company got real technical on springs. Many times for any given model and year there could be a half a dozen spring sets based on options and body style.

Action

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m going to put a Mustang 2 suspension in my 62 Falcon, the car has a 351 windsor, 5spd and weighs nearly 2400 pounds. I have everything for the swap except the springs, I haven’t gotten them yet because they give a whole list of different weights to choose from and I have no clue how to determine this, any help out there ???
This article might give you some helpful information: https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-03-02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts