Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys nice to meet everyone but I have a problem can say lil problem or big problem hopefully 馃檹 u all can be the judge of that but this is my problem. Can any 1 tell me about my 2011crown Vic police interceptor I drove 3 hours away and came back and 15 min before I made it home my check engine light started blinking so I pull up at the house and proceeded to bag up and my car started misting real bad so I took to coils out in the front on the driver side and looked inside and seen water on top of my spark plug any help please my oil look good and it鈥檚 not running hot nor smoking that I know off

Super Moderator
Welcome to the FFO!

How long have you owned this vehicle?
How many miles on the vehicle?
Has the coolant level dropped?

There is a coolant passage in the intake. A crossover. Has been known to leak. Is the intake plastic or aluminum?

Other coolant leak issues occur at the temp sensor and heater hose connections. Those areas should be inspected.

The service cycle of these vehicles when new can be extreme. Changing all fluids and filters would be recommended. To include
Coolant
Transmission
Brake

Action

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the FFO!

How long have you owned this vehicle?
How many miles on the vehicle?
Has the coolant level dropped?

There is a coolant passage in the intake. A crossover. Has been known to leak. Is the intake plastic or aluminum?

Other coolant leak issues occur at the temp sensor and heater hose connections. Those areas should be inspected.

The service cycle of these vehicles when new can be extreme. Changing all fluids and filters would be recommended. To include
Coolant
Transmission
Brake

Action
I had it for over 6 months I think and it鈥檚 just got a 160000 miles and yes coolant did dropped but my first problem was my fan module it was burned a lil so my fan wouldn鈥檛 come on unless I zipped tied it or move it around a lil bit and if my fan didn鈥檛 come on my car would run hot and coolant jug will over flow and it鈥檚 aluminum

Super Moderator
160,000 is pretty low mileage for the Police use.

The overheating will put added stress on the cooling system joints and connections.
Do get the fan working correctly.

And fluid changes if not already done as mentioned above would be a smart thing. And I would add replace all of the O2 sensors.
The maintenance on these vehicles when in public service is just minimum based on use, Sometimes not the best for that use.

Action

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
160,000 is pretty low mileage for the Police use.

The overheating will put added stress on the cooling system joints and connections.
Do get the fan working correctly.

And fluid changes if not already done as mentioned above would be a smart thing. And I would add replace all of the O2 sensors.
The maintenance on these vehicles when in public service is just minimum based on use, Sometimes not the best for that use.

Action
Ok I鈥檓 just hoping it ain鈥檛 my motor it鈥檚 not smoking oil still looking good it just started misting real bad and I took the coil packs out and the rubber boot and seen the water on top of my plugs

Super Moderator
Very likely a leak from the intake manifold somewhere. (not a cracked head)

Find it and get it repaired. Then bring up the maintenance for the rest of the vehicle. You should be able to get at least double that vehicle life if you keep it well maintained. Back off on the love and it will let you down.

Action

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very likely a leak from the intake manifold somewhere. (not a cracked head)

Find it and get it repaired. Then bring up the maintenance for the rest of the vehicle. You should be able to get at least double that vehicle life if you keep it well maintained. Back off on the love and it will let you down.

Action
That car should know I love it after a person offered me 4grand and I turned it down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts