Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what i'm going to do about this one.....My girlfriend is pregnant. i found this out yesterday. i've been laid off for a little over a week now. really not good timing. Truly deep down i'm excited to the point of jumping up and down like a little girl. but i'm 20 and she's 18. i've done a little living been married and divorced. i raised my ex wife's baby the whole time we were together. of course we knew the consequences of having sex so i'm not going to say idk how it happened. like i said i'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to support them but everything happens for a reason. i just had to tell somebody. and ya'll got chose.

·
Banned
292 Posts
i just had to tell somebody. and ya'll got chose.
chosen..... just like it was your choice not to use birth controll.... i've got 2 forms of birth controll. (1) i'm 310lbs.... think about it.... i squish em. (2) SNIP !

On another note, (sorry if i get a lil religious) MAN (woman) dont determin when to have a baby, GOD does, and since GOD is inflawable, and never gives you more then you can handle... ok skrew dat, have him watch my 12week old daughter for 2 days, he'll change his mind! :devil:

I understand that you're 'venting'. But my best advice is dont stress about it, things seem to work out....

·
Registered
44 Posts
You need to spend more time with cars and less with girls. No seriously, this is a blessing and should be a very important milestone in your life. First thing I'd do is sell most of my unnecessary possessions, even if that includes one of the Fords:cryin:. The next is to secure a good paying job while she is still pregnant, (I know very hard in today's economy, but persistence pays). It would really help if you can make enough so she doesn't have to work while the baby is young. The most important thing is to be there for the baby, as he or she should become your number one priority for the rest of your life. I'm only a year older than you, so I can't offer any life advice, but that's just my .02. Best of luck to you:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
VAMP.....I like your style, humor with a touch of reality.....
Fordguy, Excellent recommendations....from a young man too.....

To the OP....... these guys have you covered. Good luck with the new baby......it's the most difficult job you'll ever love.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I agree with all the above advice.
Sometimes we are chosen to be parents before we think were ready.
Raising up a family is extremely rewarding. And, at times frustrating.
20 years from now, you will look back and see this as a huge turning point in your life.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm thrilled. not perfect timing but it's awesome i'm UBER excited. And about that birth control...she's been on the pill consistently for over a year. i'm not the most religious person souther baptist and i fell ya. it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for a reason. i'm loveing it. not sure how to figure it out yet but we will. i'm gonna keep ya'll informed. so excited. like a fat kid in a cake shop.

·
Registered
684 Posts
First thing man, congrats! Second thing, once you've secured some employment, start buying all the baby gear you can get your hands on, such as the crib, high chair, stroller, diapers etc. Hit yard sales, there are almost always tons of the first 3 items on my list in good condition for dirt cheap. I did this when I found out the wife was pregnant with my son and it really saved my ass when money was tight. Good luck, I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations on the new bundle of joy. Next I don't know where you live, but my state has DHS. Get there and apply for food stamps and have your GF apply for maternity assistance. Here they will give her regular check ups and pay for all doctor and hospital costs if your income is low. They will also give health care for the new baby when it arrives and WIC assistance. File for unemployment benifits and try to find a job. It will all work out for the best.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
def. gonna get the stuff together. i already applied for my food stamps. once the blood work comes back to confirm 100% that she's prego. we'll get the ball rolling...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats! I can tell from your posts that you are a young man with his head and heart in the right place, I think you'll do fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cheers, bro! This is what separates the men from the boys. Don't worry, it'll come together and over the next 10-15 years you'll wonder where you messed up, sure, but, in 18 years and 8-9 months you'll know you you did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i was in the same boat about a year ago. things will get better, and once the baby comes, you'll definitely have something to look forward to coming home to... BTW fairmonts, and zephyr's make awesome family cars... that's what they were designed for. my 15mo. loves riding in the back seat of my car...even if her car seat is the equivalent of a fighter jet ejection seat... congrats man!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah. my ex wife had a baby. we cruised once or twice. but i like 2 door cars. now i'm gonna look for a mini van. i had a 94 cougar. now i got a 01 cavalier z24. and a 97 thunderbird. i'm just thrilled want to tell the world.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
fairmont wagon:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i know you already got lots of replies, but as someone who is going through this, i can tell you its not as bad as it seems.

i met my girlfriend a little over a year ago, and she ended up getting pregnant apparently around one of the first ties we hung out. we didn't know until she was already a couple months old. but in the meantime i had let her move in with me, as she was under very unfortunate circumstances with her family and ect. So after she ends up getting hurt and goes to the hospital, we find out she is pregnant! After much debating we decided to keep it and told our folks. They were upset at first, but proud that we were taking responsibility. around that time, she became unemployed and ive been basically the sole supporter since. It's been hard, but the govt really helped out! We managed to get everything we needed before the baby came, and it actually made me impatient waiting for the baby to come. And now that we have her, its amazing. It's a lot of work, but its not hard work, just tie consuming.

So for advice, here is what i got. Don't worry about buying the most expensive stuff. We bought almost everything at walmart. And dont believe the people or ads saying you gotta buy everything. You basically need a crib, carseat/stroller combo, bottles, and thats really about it. To bathe her/him, there is this big sponge thing you just set in the bottom of your bath, and its only like 5 bucks. Dont buy one of those fancy mini tub things. And a regular old trash can works just as well has one of those fancy vacuum ones for diapers. We bought an extra one, like an office sized one for a couple bucks to put next to the changing table and use grocery bags in it. So toss a couple diapers in the bag, and then you can just toss it out. I think thats really about it. Later on you can worry about swings and chairs ect, but for the first couple months or so, they just eat and go back to sleep.

As for costs, get signed up for wic, food stamps, and if she is eligible, a state funded health care. Here we have AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). It paid for all her appointments, the birth, basically anything that deals with medical, all at 100%. The foodstamps will get a lot of food, and the wic gets even more!

So all in all, get ready, be excited and dont be scared. Let me know if you got any questions. And remember, your babies' smile will always make everything better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well her blood test came back. she's definately prego and approx 4-6 weeks into it. we're excited, as well as my parents. Her parents are a different story. she's been living with me and my parents for about a month. because her parents don't like me. i'm not good enough (not sure anyone will be but we know how that works). The real problem is that she was raised in a financially sound home. more rich than my family. But my family is rich in love and i'd drive through hell on sunday to see that my baby gets taken care of.

i've already got 2 possible names picked out if it's a boy.

Owen Atlee (insert last name)
Kayden Slade (insert last name)

but i'm not sure i'll pick either. it's too early to tell.

there's so many girl names it's unreal. but i'm sure ill have a say so in that too.
i guess we'll know when we find out the sex.

i found the coolest playpen/crib/bassinet all in one. it's eddie bauer edition too. think that makes it even better. i can't wait i'm so excited. I'm supposed to hear back about a job next week. in the mean time i got the head put back on my thunderbird and i'm finishing it up tomorrow. it should bring in some good money once it's running. probably about 3 grand.

Thanks to everybody for the support.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know what you guys mean, my kids are 6 and 8, the last time I spent any real money on my Z7 was when I bought it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts