Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Ford Mustang 4.0 v6 randomly my radio stops working along with my flashers my windows the dome light as well. And it’s completely random some times I turn the switch and it all works and sometimes none of it works. But my battery is connected and is charging because I can still drive it around I go 15mins a day to work and it runs fine it doesn’t die or nothing so that makes me wonder is it the accessory wire on the ignition if so does anyone have a wiring diagram on it??

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
I have a 2005 Ford Mustang 4.0 v6 randomly my radio stops working along with my flashers my windows the dome light as well. And it’s completely random some times I turn the switch and it all works and sometimes none of it works. But my battery is connected and is charging because I can still drive it around I go 15mins a day to work and it runs fine it doesn’t die or nothing so that makes me wonder is it the accessory wire on the ignition if so does anyone have a wiring diagram on it??
Welcome to the Forum
You may try E-Bay on a Catalouge for the wiring

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Ford-Mustang-Dealer-Wiring-Diagram-Manual-WSVA/164265088613?hash=item263ef65665:g:wfsAAOSwXGVe90sj

Welcome to the FFO!
I believe the ignition switch powers up a fuse panel/distribution box via a relay.
The relay sends power to the box.
And the box powers up a lot of accessories

If everything out of the box is an issue, the relay would be suspect
If certain things do not power up from the box you would want to look for commonality.

>>>>>Action
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Ford-Mustang-Dealer-Wiring-Diagram-Manual-WSVA/164265088613?hash=item263ef65665:g:wfsAAOSwXGVe90sj

Welcome to the FFO!
I believe the ignition switch powers up a fuse panel/distribution box via a relay.
The relay sends power to the box.
And the box powers up a lot of accessories

If everything out of the box is an issue, the relay would be suspect
If certain things do not power up from the box you would want to look for commonality.

>>>>>Action
okay I’ll check that tomorrow and see what I come up with thank you. So far I checked the ignition switch by moving around the plugs/wires coming from the ignition switch for shortages and come up with nothing also I thought it could have be the alternator kicking off but idk. I’ll let you know what I come up with tomorrow thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts