I'm just gonna do a whole tune up for my zx2 just todo it all tell me what i need to | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

I'm just gonna do a whole tune up for my zx2 just todo it all tell me what i need to

Discussion in 'Ford ZX2' started by iluvmustangs71, Apr 30, 2010.

1. iluvmustangs71

iluvmustangs71 New Member

okay i posted on here about my transmission and how my car shakes and alot of you guys have helped me out alot on here so im just gonna do a whole tune up on my car. new spark plugs and wires, oil change, transmission filter change, another pvc hose and valve, and now cv shafts lol heres the thing what else should i do for a complete tune up and some buddy also told me to put premium gas (not super premium) in it fill it up and it will help it run better but i was wondering if that was a good idea

2000 zx2
  2. '80monty

'80monty New Member

above all, see if its throwing any diagnostic codes. also consider checking/changing your air filter and fuel filter. check/clean your mass air flow sensor (use MAF or electrical contact cleaner) and idle air control (IAC) valve (use carb or throttle body cleaner). when you clean the MAF, first disconnect the negative battery cable. you might need a tamper-proof torx bit to unscrew the sensor. once you get it loose, carefully take it out and do not touch the fine wires. just spray them down and let air dry. hope this helps.
  3. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

as far as the fuel, it wouldn't hurt anything to try it...