Ford Automobiles banner

I'm just gonna do a whole tune up for my zx2 just todo it all tell me what i need to

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jonzo77 
#1 ·
okay i posted on here about my transmission and how my car shakes and alot of you guys have helped me out alot on here so im just gonna do a whole tune up on my car. new spark plugs and wires, oil change, transmission filter change, another pvc hose and valve, and now cv shafts lol heres the thing what else should i do for a complete tune up and some buddy also told me to put premium gas (not super premium) in it fill it up and it will help it run better but i was wondering if that was a good idea

2000 zx2

#2 ·
above all, see if its throwing any diagnostic codes. also consider checking/changing your air filter and fuel filter. check/clean your mass air flow sensor (use MAF or electrical contact cleaner) and idle air control (IAC) valve (use carb or throttle body cleaner). when you clean the MAF, first disconnect the negative battery cable. you might need a tamper-proof torx bit to unscrew the sensor. once you get it loose, carefully take it out and do not touch the fine wires. just spray them down and let air dry. hope this helps.

#3 ·
as far as the fuel, it wouldn't hurt anything to try it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.