Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed battery backwards in '97 f150 horn honked and headlights came on. iu finally figured out what i had done. it seemed as if everything was fine except the battery light is on and the radio won't turn on. i come to find out it is not the correct battery. tonight the abs light came on and then the gages spiked and went dead, have i fried something or is this due to wrong battery? help me please i am such a idiot

·
Registered
104 Posts
You probably fried the computer. How long was it hooked up? That battery could have blown up in ur face or just set the truck on fire.

EDIT: [Insults deleted... by Poppy, and a PM was sent to 6Dsick]

·
Registered
262 Posts
WOW u r an idiot, and probably fried the computer. How long was it hooked up? That battery could have blown up in ur face or just set the truck on fire. May want to invest in a small bag of common sense.
Don't see the sense in berating the guy... He was at least man enough to admit his mistake.. He came here to ask a question not be made fun of...

·
Registered
184 Posts
you most def hurt something... there are several computers that could have been affected, first start with your fuses and relays check what works and what doesn't and trace it from the fuse to relay and to a switch its a long road ahead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts