interchange | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

interchange

Discussion in 'Ford Maverick' started by Ashzo77, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Ashzo77

Ashzo77 Member

a few guys have told my what will and will not interchange with this car, but i wanted to see what you guys thought.
    i was looking at a 72 maverick, and a couple of guys told me it interchanges with the 69-73 mustang, and the torino/ranchero more than most people realize...
  2. mark v

mark v Well-Known Member Respected Member

Good question. You would think there has to be something that Ford made that had interchangeable parts with this car.
  3. Jonzo77

Jonzo77 Well-Known Member

i know for a fact that most parts from the 67-73 mustangs and the 68-73 torino will work for that car. i put a 74 together with ne of my friends a few years back
  4. Dilly4Chilly

Dilly4Chilly New Member

Maverick Grabber.com's The Interchange this tells just about everything
  5. Dominick

Dominick Well-Known Member Respected Member

Good Info
  6. z7turbo

z7turbo Member

Just about all of the suspension interchanges. The one car(s) people overlook is the non-fox granada/monarch...most had 8" rears, some could be found with 9" rears. I have a 9" out of a granada, and it was a direct bolt it...this same rear also fit my mustang II . The front suspension out of the granada and monarch is nearly identical...they offer 11" disc brakes....these spindles are also a direct bolt in for the mustang II. I also had my car equipped with them.
    About 10yrs ago, I bought a 76 maverick. It was someones Ill attempt to build a drag car. I've always liked them, and now they're starting to catch on. I stopped working on it to finish my zephyr. I'm also at a point wondering what direction the build should go. So it sits until I decide. It makes a nice bench for now.

Attached Files:

Poppy likes this.
  7. olerodder

olerodder Member

Mavericks make great race cars. Mine has been a drag race car since the 1979 Winternationals although it has gone from a Boss 302/4spd toploader to a 408/Powerglide. It ran in the low 10's with the Boss and now runs high 9's with the 408.
    Next year I hope to go with a different front suspension and deep six the shock towers. Although my headers are 4 individual tubes it will make it a lot easier to change plugs.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      584.7 KB
      Views: