Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've been looking for a certain type of interior for a 1955 Ford Fairlane for some time, but can't find the original pattern.
Anyone know where I can get the pattern on the picture?
I'm not in a hurry as I still have loads of rust to deal with...

Brgds,
KBH

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hi there,

I've been looking for a certain type of interior for a 1955 Ford Fairlane for some time, but can't find the original pattern.

Brgds,
KBH

View attachment 46182
Have you tried here?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
From others I have heard mixed reviews from SMS. However they are the only company that I know of that could get material like or very close to original.
I have never ordered from them
Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
they were very helpful to me when i needed windlace
That is good the hear. On a different site (Lincolns) there is a user that had a bad experience. Every time SMS is mentioned, he drags up his bad experience. But there is so few choices for seat covers and inside door panels.

Action

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi there,

Brgds,
KBH

View attachment 46182
Love that original seat pattern!!

Seems like I remember a company called "Original Auto Interiors" in car magazines 10-15 yrs ago. They were up in the NE US if I remember correctly.

At that time, they could send you out samples of their OEM material too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love that original seat pattern!!

Seems like I remember a company called "Original Auto Interiors" in car magazines 10-15 yrs ago. They were up in the NE US if I remember correctly.

At that time, they could send you out samples of their OEM material too.
The easiest thing in the world would be replacing everything and finding something else. But that pattern...I haven't seen anything like it and overall it's in good shape. I just need a bit of material for that front seat. I got in touch with SMS and they have sent a sample I'm waiting for currently.
I will try to look up that other company. A plan B is not a bad thing.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,316 Posts
Let us know your experience.

Action

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.