Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I could sure use some wise advice from fellow Bronco enthusiasts and mechanics. I have a '94 Bronco with 165k miles on it. Except for some neurological (electrical) problems, and a few door rattles here and there, it's a wonderful vehicle!

The Bronco was my husband's baby until he passed away from cancer in 2004. I love that truck! But I'm no mechanic -- nothing like my late hubby -- and I'm starting to feel a little nervous about driving an older vehicle, especially on long road trips.

So, my question to you is this:

With proper care and maintenance, how long do you think this truck will be a reliable family vehicle?

Or put another way, when I should start looking to replace her with something newer?

Thanks so much for your advice here!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure you know that the Bronco is essentially a short-bed 4 wheel drive F150. My 1995 F150 runs great and has 226,000 miles on it.

I also have a 1981 Bronco that is rough, but I still drive, and it starts and runs great. It was very neglected but I've got it back in better shape.

I've lost some cars that I loved, and now I miss them so much.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
As much as I love my Bronco, it is a little difficult to justify as a daily driver due to the poor gas mileage. I only have about 130,000 miles on it and would drive it cross country tomorrow except that I have a bar-b-que planned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the input! I would sure miss that Bronco if I got rid of it...but of course the gas mileage is awfully low... You know, what I might do is get the kinks worked out electrically and give it a good, thorough check from a mechanic -- then pass it down to my son who will start driving next year. He'd love that!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks so much for the input! I would sure miss that Bronco if I got rid of it...but of course the gas mileage is awfully low... You know, what I might do is get the kinks worked out electrically and give it a good, thorough check from a mechanic -- then pass it down to my son who will start driving next year. He'd love that!
Sounds like a great plan. Also pass along a Haynes repair book & make sure he takes auto shop(if they still offer that as a course).

As for the truck. It'll last just about forever with the proper maintenance..Of course I'm speaking of the internal engine parts.. You'll still have to replace items like alternators,water pumps,Power steering pumps,etc,etc,etc... These things just wear out..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
if it has the inline 6 it will last longer than the pyramids, given the proper maintenance like everyone above has said. it's a really good truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts