Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked every where on this car (82 fairmont futura), where the %@#&^ is the fuse panel, I just ordered the repair manual so hopefully I wont have to keep asking stupid questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I also looked everywhere under the hood, behind both kick panels (drivers side and passengers) as well as behind glove box and ash tray. I am perplexed, or maybe just blind.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Found this in a repair manual, not sure how accurate it is.

The fuse panel is located in the lower left portion of the instrument panel, behind a trim cover. Circuit breakers and turn signal flashers can also be located in the fuse panel.

Remove the two screws and remove the fuse panel trim cover.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep, there is just two screws at the bottom edge of this panel. the panel finishes off the bottom half of the steering column... .
Amazing how many folks ask this same question. Even when it is described fully, some still can't find it. But yet... it is right there!

Hmmm maybe a picture...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you I will pull the screws out and have a look

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wooooops

Amazing how many folks ask this same question. Even when it is described fully, some still can't find it. But yet... it is right there!

Hmmm maybe a picture...?
Sorry about that, I just thought I was crazy, lol turns out there are other nuts out there, next time I will run a search I promise.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sorry about that, I just thought I was crazy, lol turns out there are other nuts out there, next time I will run a search I promise.
LOL! Not aimed at you kgregoire. My point was that it is a common question, and even after an answer often the response is "but I still can't find it!" :D
Maybe one of the F/Z gang will snap a photo of the fuse box...
A picture is worth a thousand words.

(Hint Hint)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
:thumbsup: Good job vamp, videos are better than pictures any-day.....lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thank you! It was where you said it would be, sadly the placement of the damn thing is not the only design flaw, its upside down so you can read what any of the fuses are, I looked pretty silly squeezing my considerable girth upside down between the seat and the steering wheel, now that is some thing someone should have taken pics or video of.:yikes:

Oh and no diagram on the cover either, bummer

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, you'll have to wait for your manual. When I looked at mine, no diagram either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts