Ford Automobiles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a small argument with the folks at Autozone they finally read the codes for my 1995 Thunderbird 4.6 One of the codes was lean code bank 2. If I read the answer on another thread correctly this code will clear with normal driving? I have only driven the car 50 miles in the past 6 weeks. The Autozone guy said to put some Lucas injector cleaner in it and I will have to admit the low speed stumble has disappeared and it seems to be running a little better. He said the other code was a factory emission system and would clear itself. Am I getting good info or just the run around? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
After a small argument with the folks at Autozone they finally read the codes for my 1995 Thunderbird 4.6 One of the codes was lean code bank 2. If I read the answer on another thread correctly this code will clear with normal driving?
You read it wrong or the guy didbn't know what he was talking about... that happens

I have only driven the car 50 miles in the past 6 weeks. The Autozone guy said to put some Lucas injector cleaner in it and I will have to admit the low speed stumble has disappeared and it seems to be running a little better.
Yahoo!!! maybe you had a couple of partially clogged injectors. That could give you a lean code.

He said the other code was a factory emission system and would clear itself. Am I getting good info or just the run around? thanks for the help.
hmmmm... I think that there is some information missing here.
BTW,, how much money did he make by possibly giving you the run around?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm out $5.99. The car runs better. I even squealed the tires with TA off pulling out of the taco place last night, that was worth the $5.99! lol

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
May all your fixes be as easy! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.