Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 fiesta has no brake fluid going to the left front caliper.
The right front caliper seized up on my2014 Fiesta so I had a (non-Ford) mechanic replace the pads, caliper, and rotor on both sides. As he was bleeding the brake line, he discovered there was no fluid coming from the left front hydraulic hose. He then removed the hose and found that there was no fluid coming from the hard-line. He disconnected the hard-line from the ABS unit and confirmed that the ABS was not sending brake fluid to the left front brake outlet.
Sadly, he informed me that this was something only a dealership could replace because it had to be "programmed by a Ford computer" that was only available at the dealership.:(
Can anyone explain what this programming is and why only Ford can do it? Likewise, does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I might try before spending $1000 for the overpriced part from Ford plus the pricey Ford labor.to install and program it?

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the FFO!

Questions -
Are there warning lights (ABS light) on when the engine is running?
Have you pulled codes?

I suspect your mechanic is over his or her head. Because it is not a dealer only repair

The ABS module if that is what is being discussed, does not need programing.
HOW TO REMOVE OR REPLACE ABS MODULE ON FORD FIESTA MK7 ST S SE TITANIUM - Bing video
And the part will cost in a window from $200 to $300
2014 fiesta ABS module - Bing

Action
No ABS light on the dash. I do not have access to codes.
What type of non-Ford mechanic could do this work reliably?

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
If the vehicle is drivable take it to a fast moving parts store to have the body codes pulled.

I don't know how to answer the second question other than to get local referrals. Then call the referrals and ask if they can work on Ford ABS systems.
I do my own work and use a Ford factory shop manual.

Here is a free one I just found. For you or some one you find to do the work.

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts