Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
I did not know the letters FALCON were on the quarter panel.

Assuming this is factory ........
Typically letter emblems of that era are a pin and barrel arrangement.
The emblems have a pin and they engage a barrel clip that is in the sheet metal.
If correct those emblems are removed by gently prying up the emblem from the back side of the emblem.
Gently pry up in multiple locations until the emblem has fully disengaged the clips.

Action

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did not know the letters FALCON were on the quarter panel.

Assuming this is factory ........
Typically letter emblems of that era are a pin and barrel arrangement.
The emblems have a pin and they engage a barrel clip that is in the sheet metal.
If correct those emblems are removed by gently prying up the emblem from the back side of the emblem.
Gently pry up in multiple locations until the emblem has fully disengaged the clips.

Action
I see them in several pictures od Falcons. 65 Falcon. There are 6 letters but only s=find 3 attaching pins on inside of trunk, both l/r side. See attached . Also, how do you access hood letters. Thanks for reply.
Hood Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Netbook Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
The letter on the quarter panel are part of the body side molding based on the MPC Illustrations. (See attached)
Post a picture of the inside of the quarter panel with any decorative liner removed.

The hood letters use the pin and barrel as described above.
Each letter has 2 pins. The pin engages the barrel clip in the hood.
The barrel clip is Ford part · 375890-S (shown as item F in the attached)

Action

Art Font Parallel Slope Rectangle

Reactions: pkevins

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The letter on the quarter panel are part of the body side molding based on the MPC Illustrations. (See attached)
Post a picture of the inside of the quarter panel with any decorative liner removed.

The hood letters use the pin and barrel as described above.
Each letter has 2 pins. The pin engages the barrel clip in the hood.
The barrel clip is Ford part · 375890-S (shown as item F in the attached)

Action

View attachment 51977
Thanks, got the hood ok, going to let the paint shop remove the rest. Going back to original Lt Ivy Gold. Paint shop tomorrow, pick up in Nov.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, got the hood ok, going to let the paint shop remove the rest. Going back to original Lt Ivy Gold. Paint shop tomorrow, pick up in Nov.
I have a 65 Futura and those letters were put through the metal piece that is surrounded by the chrome and the small studs were peened over before it was put on the car and the chrome placed around it. Let me know if you find any of these as my car needs them too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 65 Futura and those letters were put through the metal piece that is surrounded by the chrome and the small studs were peened over before it was put on the car and the chrome placed around it. Let me know if you find any of these as my car needs them too
I just left that alone as paint shop said he knew they were part of trim and was removing EVERYTHING! All trim ,door handles/locks, seals, everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gary, try this guy : Russ in Azusa CA., Phone # 626-969-8157. Has new and used Falcon parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts