Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 Mariner with the 6F35 transmission. I recently had it serviced under the 10B15 recall. When I got it back, I noticed that the hesitation problems at low speeds were resolved. However, after spending a day with it since the repair, I'm noticing that the shifts are just as harsh, if not harsher, than before. This is for both shifting into gear from Park, as well as shifts while driving.

Given the problems of the 6F35 transmission, what is the likelihood that my transmission will need a major repair or replacement in the future? I like to keep my cars for 10 years, and am covered by the warranty for the first 5. However, I'm wondering if I should prepare myself for problems in years 5 - 10.

I know it's probably too soon to tell, but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an '09 Mariner with the 6F35 transmission. I recently had it serviced under the 10B15 recall. When I got it back, I noticed that the hesitation problems at low speeds were resolved. However, after spending a day with it since the repair, I'm noticing that the shifts are just as harsh, if not harsher, than before. This is for both shifting into gear from Park, as well as shifts while driving.

Given the problems of the 6F35 transmission, what is the likelihood that my transmission will need a major repair or replacement in the future? I like to keep my cars for 10 years, and am covered by the warranty for the first 5. However, I'm wondering if I should prepare myself for problems in years 5 - 10.

I know it's probably too soon to tell, but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
I feel the same way as you and am worried about the life of it or rather the 5 - to 10 years from now. How many miles/kms are you at presently?
As i had a recall done but asked them to do a load test which my vehicle failed the test. At this point im awaiting transmission pieces and having them rebuild it. You are under warranty still so nows the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel the same way as you and am worried about the life of it or rather the 5 - to 10 years from now. How many miles/kms are you at presently?
As i had a recall done but asked them to do a load test which my vehicle failed the test. At this point im awaiting transmission pieces and having them rebuild it. You are under warranty still so nows the time.
I have 21,500 miles on it right now. I'm a little ahead of my warranty in terms of mileage vs. months owned. So, we've been using my wife's car as much as possible and letting the Mariner sit.

I had the 10B15 recall performed on Tuesday. They claimed the load test was done, but no problems were found.

I wish Ford would do something to make me feel better about this vehicle. I was hoping the 10B15 would eliminate my concerns, but it didn't. A 120,000 mile/10 year warranty on the transmission would be nice. That's just wishful thinking, though. I have a feeling my only solution is to cross my fingers. :frown2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 21,500 miles on it right now. I'm a little ahead of my warranty in terms of mileage vs. months owned. So, we've been using my wife's car as much as possible and letting the Mariner sit.

I had the 10B15 recall performed on Tuesday. They claimed the load test was done, but no problems were found.

I wish Ford would do something to make me feel better about this vehicle. I was hoping the 10B15 would eliminate my concerns, but it didn't. A 120,000 mile/10 year warranty on the transmission would be nice. That's just wishful thinking, though. I have a feeling my only solution is to cross my fingers. :frown2:
Its funny how there is no indicator lights for these types of problems.
My other issue is the dealer freaked out that ive been driving my vehicle with the tranny problems i have, after the load test failed. As if i was supposed to know driving with a brand new vehicle had these type of problems before the recall even came out.
Im dishing out so much money and dont know what the future holds here.

·
Registered
532 Posts

You shouldn't be getting any harsh action shifting into gear from park .
I only had that 3 or 4 times when mine was only a few days old . Knock on wood !!

If I were you I would complain , if they they try and brush you off I would ask the manager to show you a demo and compare .

I also have the same concerns for longevity .

·
Registered
532 Posts

I personalty think they should extend the warranty on them to give us peace of mind . I also think it would go a long way to improving ford's image .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts