Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know they were both started by the same man? the Linc's came first because the army commissioned him in WW2 to make V12's for the tanks, but the war ended before he could put them in, so he made a car for them. they didn't sell, until ford bought the brand, and the rest is history. i don't remember why he started Cadillac, but he couldn't sell them either, so GM bought it.

the funniest thing I've read in ford racing literature, is that, Louis Chevrolet started his company in the 20's. even He had realized they were crap, and sold the company to GM so he could race for FORD. He in fact died with only Ford's in his ownership.

Also, the Dodge Brothers started working for Henry Ford, and after making their way around the company, they had enough money, and knowledge to start their own company...

·
Registered
89 Posts
that is interesting. and the car that got the v12 was the first zephyr!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. yes it was

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those that run Ubuntu, create the image like he says and then either click on File < Save As or ( Ctrl+SHIFT+S) and go down to the bottom and where it says "select file type" scroll to and choose "Raw image data" then go back to the top and for the file name type logo.bin and then hit save (or just enter) it will pop up a dialog just hit save. and youll have your logo.bin file and then continue with the rest of his process
Thanks for the info dew. I only use Ubuntu to sbf so I was not aware of that :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cadillac was the original Ford Company. It was then called the Henry Ford Company. Henry Ford didn't recieve enough investors for his company so he sold it to GM, who changed the name to Cadillac. Henry later started the Ford Motor Company where he had better success in finding investors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts