Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea where I might find a couple of trim molding clips for a 1967 Fairlane 2dr sedan the clip has (had) a part number of C7OZ-622088-A it goes on the rear of the door trim (need clips for both sides) to hold the trim in place, kind of square with off set hole that's threaded as it has a small bolt thru the door inside out, into the clip
Thanks

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
The part number you posted does not have enough characters in the base part number
-622088- is not a valid body part number

Have a picture of the clip?

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
67 Fairlane body type 54A and 62A???
Listed at the bottom of the page and not shown!

Guessing C7OZ 6220880 A

I have not found that one on the net

Action
Font Parallel Auto part Rectangle Slope

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep its a 62A 2 dr sedan and the"H" pictured "C7OZ- A" clip is it.
You have a much better part book than I dug up, I have a body type books
I write down notes out in the shop then cant for sure remember which note I'm looking at by the time i get back to the house.

THANK YOU for the help

· Registered
11 Posts
I've generally had decent luck using universal style 't-clips' of varying sizes when stuck for clips on mine. Usually available in the display racks at NAPA, O'Reillys or whatever large parts chains in your area. 'Help' parts by Dorman, etc..... Amazon too ....

Use an acorn type nut and a dollop of 'dum-dum' on the backside and you'll get into the ballpark, look and fitment wise I think.
Bird Wing Feather Air travel Twig

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You, I tried to fit a T type, the clip I need (C7OZ-A) holds the trim right at the edge of the door, the T clips dont seem to work at that point because the fastener has to be offset right to the edge/end of the trim. If you look real close at the picture where the clip in slid on (you can just see the trim marked where the bolt rubbed it when mounted , the bolt would be approx 1/4 inch from the edge
I found years ago if you find a NAPA store with the "OLD" samples book they show every clip , but not all are available anymore.

I'm thinking of trying to fab up a clip out of stainless using the old clip as a guide, and getting it coated with plastic like the orginial we have a machine shop with a 3D printer down the road.

· Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I actually DID have a close look before I replied with my suggestion. I was a Ford body shop mgr and then a Parts Mgr, in my 'previous life', so I am speaking from a little experience, anyway, lol. My idea would entail grabbing one that is a bit too large, and then snip -or grind off, the 'leading edge' on the side opposite the spring. That way the clip fits with enough 'offset', as it approaches the door's edge there.

If I had the time I would try and find you an Au-Ve-Co interchange number, as that company supplied most of those 'funky' clips back in my era. 'Clips and Fasteners' site is also a good one for that odd-duck item.

If you have an 'old-timey' body shop nearby, you might find a gray-haired and weathered looking sympathetic body man or manager who wouldn't mind checking through their 'misc clip drawers'. ....Ideas anyway ?? ......In a production shop time is everything, so what may seem like a 'hack' to one guy, saves the day to the next guy. LOL ...so we all kept boxes of clips, nothing usually got tossed.

I needed a teeny one for my '66 Fairlane last summer and found many sizes stocked at my local O'Reillys, but ultimately I found it on Amazon, go figger. When I putzed around online yesterday, NAPA came up with some too..... Thus, why I mentioned those venues.

I'm sure your 3D printer idea is a fine one too. I'd just coat the clip with some (dielectric or other) grease to avoid any possible future corrosion -if stainless isn't available,...... but that is me, lol.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts