Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am new to the group and just wanted to see if anyone knows where I can get a right turn signal lens for a 1978 Ford Ranchero. I've been searching around quite a bit but with no luck. Perhaps someone knows where I can get one at. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

I feel your pain. (I have been looking for a L trun signal lens for my Park Lane) There was someone else some years ago looking for the same lense.
I just checked in the "Wanted" forums back to 2019 and couold not find the thread.
That person was looking for the same lens just not sure what side. Eventually he found it and it was a couple year search.

With that said you may have looked year and I will post anyway
Ebay Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay
CTC Auto Ranch CTC Auto Ranch
Under 1981 UNDER1981\USED ORIGINAL CAR & TRUCK PARTS\TENNESSEE\TN,JUNK YARDS
Desert Valley Auto Parts Desert Valley Auto Parts (dvap.com)

The Ranchero platform was built on the LTD II platform. Which includes Thunderbird and Cougar. I believe the turn signal assy will fit from all of those donors. However they may be diffeent looking and not exactly like Ranchero

On ebay right now there is a seller parting out a LTD II. The turn signals are missing or broken. The missing one may have been removed to sell. Not sure.
The recycling yards and not longer a cheap solution if they have the parts. If they have them they will know that supply is extremely limited and will charge a price based on the rarity.

Good luck on your seaerch.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
I thought I had a 73 to 79 Ford Part catalog. I do not.

I have a 73 to 79 LM Parts Catalog and the part number for Cougar turn signal/parking lamp is NOT a Ford part number. The lamp may fit however it is not correct for Ranchero.

LTD II may be an exact lamp, just do not know

Action

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your insight on the 1978 Ford Ranchero. Sounds Like a tough one. I live in California and owned this truck for a while. I've had quite a bit of work done to it and its almost to the point to the point of perfection, if that indeed is possible. However, the only sticking point is the right turn signal lens. I'll keep plugging away.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
It isn't easy. I am doing the same thing with a 66 Mercury Park Lane. All full-sized Mercurys have the lens. And only model year 66 works.
The right side was poor and I found one in a year.
The left side is cracked but in one piece. I have been looking for 3 years. In the last 6 months, I have passed on two that were on auction on ebay. Both sold for over $!00. The last one was close to $200. This is for a piece of molded plastic that is 3+ inches tall and about half that wide.

Action

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tough to find used ones, 77-79 ltdii are the only ones that fit. A guy named John Roach is remaking them and he may have a batch coming up, he is a member of most ranchero groups out there. I don't know if he sells only the lens but worth checking. He is about the only option, outside of used, that is remaking and quality is good. Send him a text at480-284-1706, good luck. Reach out as I am restoring a 78 and may be able to help with some other tough to find items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts