Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the conservator-steward of the Winslow Old Trails Museum's 1940 Ford Seagrave Fire Truck. Sometime in the past the glove box door was removed and I am looking for a replacement. If you have a 1940 Ford Truck glove box door for a great price please email me. The color is red. but any will do. Thanks

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
Interesting.

I am not familar with the vintage. I have attached two pictures I found on the internet of a 1940 Ford Truck interior. The first is a dump truck. Or a heavier truck. The second is a pick up truck or a light series truck. I suspect the glove box door may be different in different series of trucks. I just do not know. From the pictures the glove box appears similar. However the dimensions could be different.

Do you know the series of truck?
Would you post a picture of the interior?
Any other detail might help as well.

Action

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Odometer

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
And here is a listing on ebay for a later year truck glove box dooor.
1940 1941 1942 1946 1947 FORD PICKUP PANEL TRUCK GLOVE BOX DOOR | eBay
I suspect the seller does not know what he/she is selling because there is little detail in the description of the item.
Because the listing will go away at a future point here is a picture of that door.
Knowing the dimensions of the door would help.
And I would want to see the interior of the door, which would help in looking at the latching pieces. The seller did not post a picture of the other side.

Action

Rectangle Gadget Laptop accessory Gas Electronic device

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
Upon further looking, it appears there are at least a half dozen glove box doors on ebay.

That appears to be a good source.

Action

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am the conservator-steward of the Winslow Old Trails Museum's 1940 Ford Seagrave Fire Truck. Sometime in the past the glove box door was removed and I am looking for a replacement. If you have a 1940 Ford Truck glove box door for a great price please email me. The color is red. but any will do. Thanks
I have an extra if it is the same as the 1/2 ton pickup, hows 20 sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts