Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my fuse box and noticed there is a missing fuse. The pictures says it should be 20A, RHD, PWR LKS. I think this means the power lock switch for the right hand door, but not totally sure. I realize some fuse slots are not used, but this one says it is used.

So, should I put in a 20A fuse? As well, might this be related to my not working cruise control?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It doesn't hurt to try since it says there should be one there. As for the cruise control problem I would think not, but it might ya never know.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If's it's doing everything it's supposed to...then you probably don't need it. There are spaces 'Not Used' in the fuse panel.
You can D/L a copy of your owners manual here:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

I'm going to guess this is for your 99 Wagon.
IIRC, It's for a Right Hand Drive vehicle.....I need to look it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If's it's doing everything it's supposed to...then you probably don't need it. There are spaces 'Not Used' in the fuse panel.
You can D/L a copy of your owners manual here:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

I'm going to guess this is for your 99 Wagon.
IIRC, It's for a Right Hand Drive vehicle.....I need to look it up.
Yes this is for my 99 Taurus. I saw that at least one of the slots says "NOT USED", but this one doesn't and in fact gives the amps and what it's for. I am concerned if this was intentional or not to leave it empty.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Usually door switches are not independantly fused.I think the RHD stands for Right Hand Drive.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Should I replace it?
Are the power locks working?

I am attaching a wiring diagram specific to your 1999 Taurus. You will see that the door locks are powered by a relay as well as fuse 33 in the lower right hand section of the diagram.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just checked my fuse box and noticed there is a missing fuse. The pictures says it should be 20A, RHD, PWR LKS. I think this means the power lock switch for the right hand door, but not totally sure. I realize some fuse slots are not used, but this one says it is used.

So, should I put in a 20A fuse? As well, might this be related to my not working cruise control?
The fuse is at spot #16 and is not used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts