Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me. My mechanic friend and I are both stumped.

I have a 63 Mercury Meteor with an 8” 25 spline rear end. Finding the proper sized crush sleeve is turning out to be difficult. The inside diameter of what I need is about 1.18” and everything we’re finding is closer to 1.5”. He described what we’re looking for as 1.18” / .455 dimension item.

Folks, this is the last thing I need before reassembling the rear end. We’ve reached out to all the typical shops online. Anyone have a good lead?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Yeah finding one will likely be an on-line find.
Putting in a search just now I am finding lots of crush sleeves just not that description

I suspect more data about the axle is needed. I should have access to this in a part catalog later today or tomorrow

Action

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, agreed it’ll be online and agreed it’s tough to find the right specs there. Any help you are able to provide, such as PN, would be excellent.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
OK I believe I found it.
Ford calls it a spacer
C2OZ 4662 A is the part number

Action

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
doyou havethe old one? smacking the 'bulge' will make it longer again. reuse it after a little adjustment
yes, I do. It is a good backup plan but since it’s all apart... thought I’d try to find new. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,940 Posts
I found one on ebay see link in post 9. And there are a half a dozen for sale on beay

Action

1 - 14 of 14 Posts