Need help with rear brakes on 2015 Fusion | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Need help with rear brakes on 2015 Fusion

Discussion in 'Brakes, Steering & Suspension' started by swechsler, May 30, 2020.

1. swechsler

swechsler New Member

I'm doing rear pads and rotors on a 2015 Fusion SE. I've put the brakes into maintenance mode per this video, which unlocked them, and I'm able to retract the pistons, but not fully enough for the new pads. At first I thought I had a defective caliper, but the same thing happened on the other side. I note that these have two indentations as if they're supposed to screw in, but according to everything I've read, that doesn't appear to be the case, and they won't turn anyway.

Thanks!

IMG-7960.JPG
  2. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Welcome to the FFO!

Not sure how the parking brake is actuated. And that might be an issue.
    The piston may not be fully retracted into the caliper. May need a little help.

Looking at the picture it does not look like the piston is far enough inside the caliper

Is the cap off of the master cylinder?

Action
  3. swechsler

swechsler New Member

Figured it out. When I put the brakes in maintenance mode, I had already removed the calipers from the rotors, so they pressed together more so than usual when I first turned the car on (I may also have inadvertently activated the EPB when I was trying to disable it). At any rate, because the pistons were so far out, when it put them in maintenance mode, they only retracted a certain amount. Going through a second maintenance cycle allowed me to push the pistons all the way in.
    Action likes this.
  4. Action

Action Moderator Staff Member Respected Member

Good job!!

Thanks so much for posting back too!

>>>>Action