Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any special conditions for changing out this type of tranny, as opposed to any other front wheel drive vehicles?:confused:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Trans for trans. As long as you are replacing it with another of the same type, then there shouldn't be a problem. You may have to have it reflashed after installation (TCM). I believe there are different program levels for these transmissions. Must say I haven't seen any with a problem here at our dealership and only one at the local transmission shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, when you say reflashed do you mean clearing the codes, if so can this be done with an obd handset

·
Registered
798 Posts
Mine looks like any other trans for swapping purposes. I hope I never have to find out, they are very pricey....but as oldtimer said above, they don't seem to have many problems. You must use special fluid "CVT Chain Drive" only from the dealer. ~$15/qt
The repair manual states " do not flush the cooler, replace it instead". I flushed mine25K ago...time will tell.
Good luck and keep us posted. An R&R write up with a few pictures of the differences would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts