Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys own a new super duty. I heard there was the new silverado. I do not like chevrolet. I like ford the best.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got one in the dealership last week, belongs to the boss's son. Now there has been a lot of feedback on this truck, since it has been in use in the field for about 6 months. You can probably find some info online about it. I did see a video of it pulling a earthhauler (weighing in at about 80,000 lbs), but this is not it's normal job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I saw a King Ranch F350 Crew Cab Long Bed at Barrett-Jackson and all the videos I've seen about it make me want one. If only they'd give me what my Excursion is worth on trade-in. Ford's website has some cool videos of it against Dodge and Chevy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I wasnt still making payments on the 07 and didnt have so much invested I would be all over the new 2011 F250 probably the King Ranch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2011 F-450 in anticipation of towing a large toy hauler. This thing can and does tow a load like no other truck I have ever owned including my trade if (2005 F-350 King Ranch)

The down side to this truck is it "Squats" very badly when loaded with my hunting gear. Loaded the same way I loaded my F-350, I had to tie up the mud flaps to keep them from draging.

The truck squatted 4 3/4" which put the headlights way up in the air. On-coming traffic did not like me much as they were always flashing their high beams at me.

The selling dealership has tried to engage the Ford boys but as yet I have not gotten any satisfaction from the factory. The Ford engineers state they lengthened the springs to give it a softer ride. I didn't buy an 450 for a soft ride, I bought it to haul my stuff!

I would be interested in any other F-450/550 owners are having th esame problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up one Friday. Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel XLT
I do not engage in the PU truck BS of who is best. I seen the truck and my dealer is 6 miles away and I computer shopped Dodge and Chevy and i preferred the Fords look for years and the sad part is my dealer has over 50 in stock in the 250-350 model and another 24 in the F150 guise. The Dodge and Chevy dealers had two of each in the colors no one wants.

I've been out of trucks for years- but this thing thrills me. I love it. Have very few miles on it but did a 33 mile trip in a hilly area and speeds from 45-65mph with many stops and the trip average was 24 mpg on a 2 day old truck. Unloaded of course.

My brother who lives and dies Chevy drove it and he was super impressed. Now he says don't buy a Dodge- LOL.

It is a beast but comfortable and I test drove it 40 minutes by myself and the ride on bad roads was better than a 2010 Honda Civic. I don't know what people are thinking.Quiet- again the Youtube bunch want to hear racket- I don't. My brother said inside it sounds just like a Chevy V8- outside its still very quiet. No smoke, no noise and 800 lbs of torque

The diesel dilema?- none as I got $8K off MSRP and the bed liner was $300 installed the mats were free but the all weather were $90- but no allowance for dumping the carpeted ones.

I see the Silverado took top honors but only in my mind it does not appeal to me as much as the Ford did and if it did, in the area you can't find one. Is the Ford F350 the best ever. Don't know but those that I have showed it too were not Ford fans and they drove it and walked away saying that is one great truck.

Do any of you guys own a new super duty. I heard there was the new silverado. I do not like chevrolet. I like ford the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts