Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got this picture off of Car and Drivers website. Any idea if this is going to be the production front end?

2011_ford_explorer_spied_1_cd_gallery.jpg

I understand the logic behind replacing a body on frame SUV with a unibody CUV, but I wish Ford would give it a new name and let the real Explorer rest in peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I guess I keep my Sport Trac a little bit longer.Not seeing any CUV in my lifetime.:incazzato:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I understand the logic behind replacing a body on frame SUV with a unibody CUV, but I wish Ford would give it a new name and let the real Explorer rest in peace.
I second that. just like they should leave other names in peace too (Torino, and don't forget the 500 was just a trim level for other cars...)
the original name for the 500 turned Taurus was Galaxie 500, i'm glad they changed that. it would have been a real shame if they did that...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I second that. just like they should leave other names in peace too ...
Mullaly understands the value of a brand name (changing the Five Hundred back to the Taurus was a great move). The Explorer brand name is worth MILLIONS !

As for the BOF/unibody discussion, IHMO, probably 98% of the existing Explorer customers don't know the difference or care about it. They want that "look" and better fuel economy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts