Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a 1998 E-150 which I'm dragging into the 21st century. I've done a few things (tires, brakes, front end, and of course it was crying for a lift kit), and now I'm getting further into the weeds.

My van was a Sterling Coach conversion, so there's some aftermarket stuff in there. Among them are Flexsteel front seats, one of which as three electric motors, one of which (motors) works.

So, I need to replace the two dead motors. But when I look on the Flexsteel site, all I can find are motors for couch-potato at-home chairs. How can I get the motors I need? How about a link to who has them?

Nextup: driving Fords made in this century has really spoiled me for an instrument cluster. Can I replace the dusty antique that's staring at me as I drive with one with more stuff, like a tach? A display of what my cruise is set at? Other stuff I like to know as we go? If so, can you provide a link to a good one?

I must replace the cassette player with a cluster that includes a monitor for a backup camera. Can you suggest one? With a link?

Finally, back to those seats: can you steer me toward the right swivel pedestals for those front seats? This boat will eventually be my RV for walkabouts taking months at a time, so I'd like to be able to turn them both toward the part of the boat where the conversation is happening. May I have a link to good pedestals?

I know this is all stuff I could look up myself, but I'd make rookie mistakes and can't afford any. So...

Thanks for all this!
~S.

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

I had a Waldoch van conversion built on an E150. Much of the van conversion stuff failed except the windows used on the sides.
As to your seat motor, best thing to do is remove it and se who is the vendor. I did that for the rear AC blower motor used by Waldoch. Because Waldoch did not have data or replacement parts for my conversion since it was 15 years old. And yes they are still in business today.

The instrument cluster for fourth gen E-series - you are going to have to fabricate one. You can get a used one. You can get the one you have repaired. However the aftermarket has not gone to making digital clusters for 4th gen. (3rd gen yes 1935- 89 Ford Pickup, E-Van & Bronco (dakotadigital.com)

The radio with the with the camera - there are many choices

The seat swivel can be had at any marine store. Seat swivels for boat seats are common. They are engineered for a harsh enviroment.

Action

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
Fit isn't exactly the best term. You are making a modification on a van that has already been modified from a van conversion company.
There isn't a plug and play answer to the question you are asking.
You will need to fabricate to get any swivel to work.
And it will have to be the type that locks in place when the vehicle is being operated on the street.
There are a couple of different types

The attached type is what Waldoch used in the 1990 E 150 I had
There are slots in the mount to accomodate different widths. And even that may not be enough

Action

fmy-169-1100018_2_2.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts