Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been in Orange County about 3 years, hope to be going back to Arizona some day soon. SoCal is no place for an Excursion, it don't fit the parking places very well.

This one is a 2004 Excur 4X4 w/ 6.0L diesel. Traded up from a 2000 Excur w/ the 7.3L diesel. The 04' has so much more power, better mileage over 22 on the highway with no tow. Even pulling 10K lbs up the Arizona Rim still get better than 12mpg. The tranny is great coming off the high country, gears down to keep the speed constant without applying the brakes.

First Ford was a 59' T-Bird. Good family car with 2 kids and a small dog. When the 3rd one came along (third kid :lol:) went back to GM for a 84' Olds wagon and a few more GM's in between.

Since then we had a 90' Lincoln Cont, then a 78 Bronco (still love that truck, it will go anywhere :cornut:) but what a gas hog. Bought the 2000 Excur then the 04'; recently added a 2004 Ranger PU to get around in Orange County CA.

I hope to hear from you'all, I've got lots of questions.

JJR

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
welcome. so-cal is only good if you're in the military, because you know eventually you can leave

·
Registered
890 Posts
wait. sorry for being such a girl, but is the excursion the one that's the size of the suburban? i want one so bad!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Welcome! I always thought an Excursion with a stroked 460 would be cool. And yeah Ash the excursion is the big one, like the suburban.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts