Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

Moving over from the old Ford-Forums.com site after being a member for a whole day, lol.

I want to get into cars especially the older ones, so I bought an engine from a Ford Mustang II it's a 302 small block with an automatic transmission and the plan is to put it on an engine test stand and fire it up. Then attach some gauges and get some basic readings while I learn how to tune it.

I don't have the car just the engine and I was told it was off of a 1972 vehicle but when I looked up some part prefixes they were D4DE (engine block), D4DF (tranny), D5DE (vacuum thingie), and D5ZE (exhaust manifolds) which I recon means 1974 and 1975.

I just found out I can't post pictures or links yet until I have 10 posts, that's a silly policy, as it will encourage garbage posts to build up the count?

I look forward to your help,
Greg

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome...sound like a nice project. The 10 post rule stops spammers, it won't take you long to get there.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I just found out I can't post pictures or links yet until I have 10 posts, that's a silly policy, as it will encourage garbage posts to build up the count?
The problem is spam. Spammers don't have the patience to wait for 10 posts.

P.S. Glad your here.

Haha, are you the one that has the mud in the cylinder? Wow!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah I went to your web site and scouted out your pics. You think it is mud? Maybe dexcool sludge? Is it gritty?

I'm not sure I like your idea about starting the engine on the floor. Seems risky. Just my opinion, and we all know what they say about that.... :hand:

cmon greg, just 3 more posts till you reach 10...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting a welding machine for my birthday next month so I will either make my own engine test stand or buy an engine cradle for it, right now it has the tranny attached to it which means it won't lean forward on me, and it is sitting on some 2x6's vertically tied down with some tie downs, but I don't like how it rests on the oil pan in the front, I don't think I will start it like this, I am just using this to work on it and turn it over by hand

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
alright 12 posts! now... what was the link you wanted to post?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts