Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, Just wanna say Hi. Nice site here, lots of info.
I am working on a 66 LTD.
Waiting for the gas tank and radiator, than I will turn the key and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
welcome. hope it all ends up ok for you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jonzo77 I appreciate the words of encouragement, but it looks like the drama begins.
I got the Radiator this morning. Shipped from California to Georgia- its dented! arrrrrrrrrr
I contacted FEDEX and the ebay seller (three hours behind). This is what I got.(Can't upload a pic yet, I'm a newbie) I'll try to get a replacement. I am so close than this happens.:mad2: Oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome 6Dsick (nice radiator ya got, I'm tryin to do the same),
I'm in Midway, just south of Savannah. My 66 has a 390, It hasn't come to life yet. I swapped out the cruise-o-matic for a C6. With a little fabrication it seems to fit real nice. Still waiting for the gas tank(that's coming from Iowa), and now the radiator dilemma (seems I can upload a pic). My 66 has been sitting since 1991, rats made a home in it. When I started to clean it out, one of the rats decided to end his life by coming into our house, my wife didn't like that too well. He is no longer a problem.
I noticed an older/different site 'spam' ruled, which brought me here. I was able to gather a lot of info, as I have never done a restore this in-depth. I just gotta thank all the previous thread writers for the educational tips, I'm sure I'll need a lot more schooling though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome, sucks about the rad. Hope you get it resolved soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bertha66, appreciate the welcome! I'm staying hopeful, ain't nothin but a thing.........

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks it's a Champion radiator, found it on eBay for $200 new. I just did the c6 rebuild and swap from an fmx. Really happy with it, just finished last night. What are your overall plans? That was a good sight, spammed out now. A lot of us r from there. Another good one is "ford muscle". This forum is finaly starting to come alive.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks for the welcome 6Dsick (nice radiator ya got, I'm tryin to do the same),
I'm in Midway, just south of Savannah. My 66 has a 390, It hasn't come to life yet. I swapped out the cruise-o-matic for a C6. With a little fabrication it seems to fit real nice. Still waiting for the gas tank(that's coming from Iowa), and now the radiator dilemma (seems I can upload a pic). My 66 has been sitting since 1991, rats made a home in it. When I started to clean it out, one of the rats decided to end his life by coming into our house, my wife didn't like that too well. He is no longer a problem.
I noticed an older/different site 'spam' ruled, which brought me here. I was able to gather a lot of info, as I have never done a restore this in-depth. I just gotta thank all the previous thread writers for the educational tips, I'm sure I'll need a lot more schooling though.
Welcome! Thats a carbon copy of the story of my 63. in a barn for 25 years in South Carolina. but I had the whole family move in with me.Notice pic 4 youre looking at 4" of rat fecis and debris!!

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
radiator

Thanks Jonzo77 I appreciate the words of encouragement, but it looks like the drama begins.
I got the Radiator this morning. Shipped from California to Georgia- its dented! arrrrrrrrrr
I contacted FEDEX and the ebay seller (three hours behind). This is what I got.(Can't upload a pic yet, I'm a newbie) I'll try to get a replacement. I am so close than this happens.:mad2: Oh well.
just out of curiosity, was the box in bad shape?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, overall plans are to drive it and enjoy it. Hadn't had a car that could do a burnout in thirty years. I had my mind set for about a year on trying to restore a car. I started out on a 75 MG Midget, but after looking real close, even in pristine condition the body lines suck. And its slow.
The Galaxie was a $125.00 barn find and became the project, the MG supplied the initial money, but its gonna take some $ more I'm sure.

Yea lincolndriver that was a sweet find for you there, its amazing what rats can chew on, I had to trace every bit of the wire harness through out, and still finding turds LOL!

The box looked good, but definitely a mark where the bend is. The seller told me today, as soon a FEDEX has it in their possession, they will ship another radiator out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome! Thats a carbon copy of the story of my 63. in a barn for 25 years in South Carolina. but I had the whole family move in with me.Notice pic 4 youre looking at 4" of rat fecis and debris!!
Great pictures, sad that someone let get to that point, good find though

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks bertha66, but truth be known that was my dads galaxie, he hurt his back and could no longer work on it. He did have the engine totaly rebuilt before he parked it. He put less than 100 miles on it and thats where it sat till I rescued it, notice the ford blue on the engine.
btw, a footnote, the blue one was my moms!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did see that Ford blue paint, glad it was rescued.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts