Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1868 sports coupe. 302, C4, ps, ac.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Thanks for adding me. We are the new owners of a '68 sports coupe. 302, C4, factory power steering, factory air, vinyl top. We are the 4th owners. Car has been a Calif. car it's whole life, and spent 1993-2018 parked in the 2nd owners garage. 3rd owner bought it in 2018, went through all systems, had it repainted original Wimbledon white. He added the Weld wheels. We acquired it from him about 3 weeks ago. Car is having a front disk conversion now. Only 75k miles on the clock. Interior is all original, just some gauges added. This will be my wife's car, to go with our '64 Comet Caliente
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Window
Grille Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
. All comments/criticism/threats are welcome, and encouraged.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Nice ride.

The AC isn't exactly factory. However it does look to be period correct dealer installed hang on AC. Which is pretty rare for that period. Factory SelectAire Conditioner would have controls in the instrument panel.

And '68 was the first year for 302, (The largest engine available) first year for front side markers and first year for square tail lights on Falcon.
I thought there would be a rear side marker. (see pic below from the sales brochure)

Action

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I believe you're right about the ac, I just called it factory air. There were rear marker lights; the previous owner removed all of the trim/script, and the rear marker light (one was already missing) when he had the car repainted. I like the look of the car this way (I do have all of the side trim, hub caps, and steel wheels).

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
There were rear marker lights; the previous owner removed all of the trim/script, and the rear marker light (one was already missing) when he had the car repainted. I
Fascinating!

You are going to add front disc brakes, what brake vendor are you using for that? It was an option back then. But few buyers would have ordered on the smaller Ford. Heck hardly anyone optioned up on the full sized Ford/Mercury for 1968. It wasn't until model year 69/70 with single piston caliper that front disc brakes became more popular.
Speaking of options, it wasn't until 67 that the heater became standard. Prior to 67 the heater was optional. Times have certainly changed.

Action

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fascinating!

You are going to add front disc brakes, what brake vendor are you using for that? It was an option back then. But few buyers would have ordered on the smaller Ford. Heck hardly anyone optioned up on the full sized Ford/Mercury for 1968. It wasn't until model year 69/70 with single piston caliper that front disc brakes became more popular.
Speaking of options, it wasn't until 67 that the heater became standard. Prior to 67 the heater was optional. Times have certainly changed.

Action
We are using the conversion kit from Falcon Enterprises. Pretty complete kit. This is the smooth version, there's also a drilled/slotted option.

Mark

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
Would be nice to see the brake conversion in pictures if you would.

Action

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car is till in the shop: wheels are already back on. Will try to get a pic when we get the car back.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts