Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1986 Ford Ltd Brougham
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello owner of a 1986 Ford LTD Brougham. Nice to find a group to help keep these beauties on the road. I'm in need of a rear tail light lens (passenger side) or I will take a set. I can't find anything online. Any help is welcome and looking forward to seeing more pictures of people's rides.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Light assembly lenses can be difficult to find.
Keep looking it may take a long time to find what you're looking for.
The Ford taillights are different than Mercury. And there were different trim levels like the LX that may have had slightly different lenses

Action

Reactions: Nohype1244

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts

· Registered
1986 Ford Ltd Brougham
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice ok that should work, I would just need to find a set so my Taillights match lol, it seems like those will be easier to find. When I look up my year, make and model I keep getting 86 mustang taillights on Google and else where, I didn't know if they were compatible. Which I doubt since different bodystyles but they're both foxbodies so I was curious. Thanks again.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Thank you. do you know of any other models that the taillight assembly may be compatible or interchangeable with?
Lenses for Mercury Marquis will fit. They just will not looK the same.
Other lenses that may fit because all of these vehicles are FOX platform, (none will look correct for 4 gen LTD - 83 to 86)
Similar years of
Fairmont/Zephyr
Granada/Monarch
Thunderbird/Cougar

There may be more

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Mustang may fit. (And Mustang is always a very popular model then and now) However it will not look the same. And there is a possibility it may not fit. However, if you do buy Mustang lenses and you don't want them, they will always resell.

Action

· Registered
1986 Ford Ltd Brougham
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true and great food for thought as far as the Mustang. I will definitely keep looking for the factory Taillights as I feel it's a great look, but I will just grab something from a different model to get me by until then. Personally I think the ones you posted a link for won't look to shabby.

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
A comment about lenses.
They ain't cheap. And if you can find them that is better that other vehicles.
I have 66 Mercury Park Lane. I would like a left parking lens. It is about 3 inches tall and a couple of inches wide. One year only. NOS are no longer seen. Used ones are seldom seen.

Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Good suggestion.
It has been awhile since I have been there. I work up at Desert Ridge. Not too far away.

Action

1 - 11 of 11 Posts