Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hear the fan run but I can’t feel anything blowing out and no heat on my 1962 Ford Falcon Futura....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
with engine warm, feel the heater hoses. both should be warm. if so, yhe air isn't being directed through the core

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with engine warm, feel the heater hoses. both should be warm. if so, yhe air isn't being directed through the core
Thanks, I’ll check that. And what would prevent air from being directed through the core? And if the heater hoses aren’t warm, what could be the problem? And would you know why the heater fan is blowing but I can’t feel any air blowing out under the dash, hot or cold...🤔

·
Registered
114 Posts
What does the air do when you switch to defrost? Do you get anything? Can you hear the flaps inside moving? Mine is just a mechanical flap that opens and closes on a cable and I think yours must be the same. Maybe something is blocking your HVAC tube running from the fan?

Also check your various fan speeds, does the fan pitch increase when you turn it up?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
as above the heater hoses can be controlled by a valve inline, or the core is blocked, or the engine isn't up to temp. in some systems(yours i think) there is a flap that directs the air around the core in the cold position. as stated above check for air at the windshield

·
Registered
86 Posts
AFAIK no Falcons had shutoff valves for heater hose unless added but the heater core may be clogged up enough to prevent flow or the ports at head and pump . As mentioned- feel for temp of hoses at firewall both should be hot after car warmup. Another common problem I've run in to - is remnants of leaves or worse cloggin' the heater box.

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AFAIK no Falcons had shutoff valves for heater hose unless added but the heater core may be clogged up enough to prevent flow or the ports at head and pump . As mentioned- feel for temp of hoses at firewall both should be hot after car warmup. Another common problem I've run in to - is remnants of leaves or worse cloggin' the heater box.
Thank you very much for the valuable information....

·
Premium Member
1962 Falcon Sport Futura
81 Posts
This may be too late, but back in the good ol' days I replaced the heater hoses on my '62. This was in San Antonio and one early spring day a cold front came through and the temp dropped from the 60s to the low 40s in about 3 hours. And my heater didn't work, just blowing cold air.
Previous to changing the hoses everything was fine, so I went back and loosened the heater core and found my problem - when I pushed it back in to tighten it up I had crimped one of the hoses. A firm pull from the engine bay side straightened it out.
Bob

Reactions: Montecresto

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks, I’ll check that. And what would prevent air from being directed through the core? And if the heater hoses aren’t warm, what could be the problem? And would you know why the heater fan is blowing but I can’t feel any air blowing out under the dash, hot or cold...🤔
Hello Montecresto,

Lack of air flow could be leaves or other debris that entered the cowl and was sucked up by the blower and it's stacked in front of the heater core blocking air flow. Also if the car has been sitting in a garage or outside for a while it could also be a rodent nest in there.

Cheers

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Montecresto,

Lack of air flow could be leaves or other debris that entered the cowl and was sucked up by the blower and it's stacked in front of the heater core blocking air flow. Also if the car has been sitting in a garage or outside for a while it could also be a rodent nest in there.

Cheers
Thank you very much sir....
I’ll post what I find...👍

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can hear the fan run but I can’t feel anything blowing out and no heat on my 1962 Ford Falcon Futura....

Any ideas?
I've had issues in the past, living in the country, where mice have nested in the vents. In fact, I bought my son a new car in 2017 for graduating law school and 3 weeks after we bought it I had to pay the dealer $250 to remove the vents and empty the mouse nesting out of them. I think they were in there when we bought it, but none the less, I'd check into that.

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had issues in the past, living in the country, where mice have nested in the vents. In fact, I bought my son a new car in 2017 for graduating law school and 3 weeks after we bought it I had to pay the dealer $250 to remove the vents and empty the mouse nesting out of them. I think they were in there when we bought it, but none the less, I'd check into that.
Thank you, will do!!!

·
Premium Member
1962 Falcon Sport Futura
81 Posts
Hi,

Any progress? Have you figured it out yet?

Bob

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

Any progress? Have you figured it out yet?

Bob
Hi there, not yet. I haven’t been able to work on the car which is in New Mexico and I’m in Arkansas on assignment. I will indeed post my findings once I’ve had a chance to go over all that everyone has suggested.

Thanks for checking......

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi there, not yet. I haven’t been able to work on the car which is in New Mexico and I’m in Arkansas on assignment. I will indeed post my findings once I’ve had a chance to go over all that everyone has suggested.

Thanks for checking......
Hello Montecresto,

I'm in New Mexico too, whereabouts are you located?

Cheers

·
Registered
1962 Ford Falcon Futura
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Montecresto,

I'm in New Mexico too, whereabouts are you located?

Cheers
Hey there, I’m outside of Las Vegas....
Besides my interest in classic cars I’m an avid SXS rider. We have 140 acres on the Santa Fe national forest and ride regularly if your interested....

6D0F6784-1CDF-419B-A5AB-8B963037BCA1.jpeg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts