Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Mariner and am experiencing a noise that seems to be coming from the steering column. I can best describe it as a "clunk" noise. I occasionally hear it in the mornings when I'm backing out of the driveway and first start to turn the wheel. I also notice it when making harder turns and the steering wheel is turned about 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn. I believe a TSB was posted for this issue. Does anyone have a copy of that TSB that they could post here?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 Mariner and am experiencing a noise that seems to be coming from the steering column. I can best describe it as a "clunk" noise. I occasionally hear it in the mornings when I'm backing out of the driveway and first start to turn the wheel. I also notice it when making harder turns and the steering wheel is turned about 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn. I believe a TSB was posted for this issue. Does anyone have a copy of that TSB that they could post here?

Thanks!!!

Just to warn you, your power steering sensor is about to go out while your driving down the road! Death trap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just read the above notes...my Escape has this weird clunk when the wheel is moved right or left and sometimes very little....getting hubby to take it in...the warning of the power steering sensor going out is very scary! Thanks for the info about the TSB and power steering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts