Noisy ZX2 | FordForumsOnline.com
  1. Welcome to FordForumsOnline! Our community is here to help you with any questions you have related to your Ford. If you are looking for a friendly community to hang out with other Ford owners you can look no further than our forums here! Registering is easy and free!

Noisy ZX2

Discussion in 'Ford ZX2' started by mitch3, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mitch3

mitch3 New Member

After driving a Cadillac Eldorado for six years it finally blew a head gasket. I was really tired of spending thousands of dollars in repairs so dumped it. I found this 2002 ZX2 with 84,000 miles and it seems to be in great shape. I did some research and found that the ZX2 had a reputation for the "shakes" but otherwise it had good reviews. I used to own an '85 EXP which I loved so kind of knew what to expect with the ZX2. My question is IS IT NORMAL FOR THIS CAR TO BE REAL NOISY? Not wind or road noise but engine (?) noise. I know it's not a Caddy but this car is NOISY. One noise that bothers me...when cruising it has a sound like blowing across the top of a bottle, kind of a howling sound. Another question, I am getting 26.6 mpg combined. Is this about right? I tend to drive it like a sports car. Any comments for a new ZX2 owner? Thanks