Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey folks,

Question for you experienced people. I have a 2021 bronco sport 1.5L. I'm trying to disconnect one of the hoses of the pcv(rear), so I can install a catch can.

I've never seen this type of connector before. And I can't for the life of me. Figure out how to disconnect it. I thought all late models are suppose to be quick releases. And yes, I've tried squeezing the orange area and pulling.

Has anyone seen this type before? Do I need a certain tool? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

MJ

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

The vid should show you everything you need to remove the hose.

Action

Reactions: BBronco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys, I viewed that viewed before posting. The video shows them working on the front PCV hose. I'm actually trying to remove the rear hose(CCV to the intake). @ 0:50 on the video. top dead center, the one with the blue connection is the one I'm work with. Funny enough, my hose is different. Different connector and different hose. In the video, you can see electrical connection for the pressure sensor. Mine doesn't have that, for some reason. I'll take another photo later, to show what i'm talking about.

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
I believe the tang you need to move is on the underside of the connector from the pictures you posted.

Action

Reactions: BBronco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here a better photo.

Spoke with my local mechanic and he quickly looked at it. He's stomped as well. I tried using a small flathead on the rear portion. But it wouldn't budge. I might have bite the bullet and call my dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts